Bi More Chill

After about eight minutes of explaining, Jeremy had gotten everything off his chest.

"I don't know what to do! He's my friend. He doesn't see it as anything more! He even said: What're friends for! What am I meant to do?!"

Jeremy poured his heart out to Christine. He told her every little detail. From Michael in general to the sparkle in his eye when he smiled.

"I think..." Christine thought for a moment and then proceeded. "you should tell him how you feel!"
"R-really?" Jeremy says. He's never been this anxious.
"Really! Why would he pass it up? Well... Maybe after the whole... optic ner... whatever it's called... But he likes you! Why not give it a chance?"

Jeremy's been scared of rejection his whole life. Seeing his mom leave his dad was enough for a child his age when it happened, so he never wanted to be in his dad's shoes. That's why he was so scared to ask Christine out for a while. It's a good thing Michael helped him work up the courage. Another thing Michael has done for Jeremy.

"How..?" Jeremy questioned Christine.

The next day was Monday. Ugh. School was a chore, but nonetheless, Michael and Jeremy went. Once again, Jeremy's dad didn't feel like dropping him off, so he took the bus. Jeremy's anxiety struck him like a baseball bat to the face. He couldn't believe he was going to do this.

Later, Michael opened his locker to put some books in. That's when a small piece of paper drifted out. Michael sighed and rolled his eyes.
"Another note from Rich I'm guessing." He thinks. Then he realised.
"But Rich has been fine since the play..."
He opened the note. On it was scribbled:

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue,"

Michael unfolded another bit of the note and read it again.

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I'm bi!!!
I'm bi for you!!!"

Michael gave the scribbles a weird look and looked for a name on the paper. All he could find was a "Dear Michael Mell,"

"Hm..."

The bell rang. Michael folded the note back up and put it in his pocket. He put it in his pocket and headed to first period. Math.

Michael sat next to Jeremy. The two hate math. Jeremy got easily bored and Michael always had to keep him from falling asleep due to how boring and monotone his voice was. However, something was off that day. Jeremy wasn't struggling to keep his eyes open. He was struggling to sit still. He seemed nervous. His palms were sweating, his legs were shaking, etc. It didn't take his best friend long to notice something was wrong.

"Uh... hey there, buddy!" Michael spoke softly, knowing that if he spoke any louder, the two boys would get in trouble.
"W-what?! Huh? Oh!! Oh I'm fine!"
Michael laughed. "What's wrong?"
"N-nothing!"
"Are you sure? Here."
Michael grabbed Jeremy's hand. He felt how sweaty it was. Jeremy felt his heart implode and his face flush.

"Woah. Alright, man. You're stressed or something."
Jeremy pulled his hand away from the boy in the hoodie.
"I-I'm not...!"
"If you say so. Hey. Guess what I found."
Jeremy blinked at the piece of paper his friend passed to him. Jeremy looked at his work and put his arm over it.
"I don't know who wrote it..." Michael laughed. "but it's pretty funny."
Jeremy lowered his head thinking Michael thought it was stupid.
"I mean. I wish I came out like that!"
Jeremy's hope flooded back. He laughed and blushed more.

"But it's pretty weird, right? Why would anyone like me? I think it's a joke." Michael scrunches up his face and looks at the note again.
"Why would it be a joke?!"
"Because I dunno... Because I'm me?"
"What?! No! That's why this wouldn't be a joke!"
"Maybe... I've just... Never been liked that way... Who do you think it is?"

Jeremy looked down at his work.
"Um... I-I don't know...!"