seven

"Louis."

"Nooo," Louis whines, turning his face into his pillow. He feels a sudden weight on his hips, and when he blinks his eyes open Harry is sitting on top of him. He's wearing a sweater and some black jeans.

"You told me you'd be ready when I came to get you," Harry sighs, running his fingers through Louis' bed head. Oh shit, the appointment.

"I'm sorry," Louis mumbles sleepily, rubbing his eyes. "I'll get up right now, what time's it?"

"It is nine-thirty," Harry says. "And the appointment is at ten-fifteen."

"Okay, okay," Louis grunts, sitting up. He leans up and presses his lips to Harry's. "You're going to have to get off me if you want me to get up."

"One more kiss," Harry pouts, looking at Louis through his long eyelashes. Goddamnit, he can't say no to that. Louis rolls his eyes, smiling fondly before leaning up and kissing Harry again. Harry grins blissfully before sliding off the bed, allowing Louis to stand up and stretch.

"Jus' let me get dressed 'n stuff," Louis murmurs, trudging over to his wardrobe. Harry plops back down on Louis' bed as the door opens.

"Harry!" Doris gasps as she runs over to him. Doris loves Harry. She's always climbing all over his lap and talking his ear off. Louis' not even a little jealous. Nope.

"Hi, D," Harry grins, pulling Doris up into his lap. Louis watches cautiously, very nervous of Doris accidentally elbowing Harry's stomach or something. Harry raises his eyebrow at him. "Lou, baby, get dressed."

"Sorry," Louis mumbles, grabbing some black trousers and a Vans baseball shirt. Doris talks to Harry about the new shoes she's wearing while Louis gets dressed, putting on some shoes when he's finished. "Alright, H, lemme brush my teeth."

"M'kay," Harry says. He stands up from the bed holding Doris on his hip before grabbing his keys from the bedside table. "Lou and I gotta go, Doris."

"Where are you going?" Doris asks, pouting. "Can I come?"

"Not this time, love," Louis says, watching Doris' pout deepen. "But I'll hangout with you when I come home. Sound good?"

"Are you bringing Harry home, too?" Doris asks.

"Maybe," Louis unplugs his phone and stuffs it into his pocket.

"I'll come back and hangout with you, yeah," Harry says. "But not Louis. He's lame, and he smells."

"Achoo smells!" Doris exclaims. Louis sticks his tongue out at them, and Harry does it right back. Louis secretly loves how close Harry is with Doris, he thinks it's nice Doris likes him. He's glad he picked to date someone who lets all of his little sisters do his makeup and hair all the time, someone who's as soft for family as Louis is.

"I'm nervous."

"Why, baby?" Louis asks, wrapping his arm around Harry's shoulders and kissing the top of his head. "I'm sure everything is fine."

"What if it isn't?" Harry asks softly. "What if the baby's really sick? Or what if I am? Or both of us?"

"Hazza," Louis laughs. "You're both fine, I'm sure of it. It's just a check-up, baby." Harry just pouts until Louis coughs, and he whips his head towards him and furrows his eyebrows worriedly. Louis frowns. "I'm okay, I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" Harry asks, voice soft. Louis hates worrying him. He kisses the top of Harrys head again, giving his shoulders a squeeze.