twenty

"Who's that?" Harry lifts his head from Louis' shoulder, looking over at his phone laying on the bedside table when it vibrates. Louis picks it up and checks it, frowning at whatever is on the screen.

"Um, 's your Mum," Louis says cautiously. Harry sighs softly before resting his head on Louis' shoulder again.

"I don't wanna go back home," Harry whispers. Louis frowns sympathetically. He wraps his arm around Harry's shoulder, kissing the top of his head.

"You can stay here as long as you need to," Louis assures. Harry nuzzles his nose into the crook of Louis' neck, wrapping his arm around his torso.

"I love you," Harry mumbles. Louis runs his fingers through Harry's hair. "So, like, are you down to go to Asda or summat?"

"Why, you need something?" Louis asks.

"Yeah, I really want Jaffa Cakes," Harry looks up at Louis and pouts. Louis smiles fondly.

"Sure, just let me get some shoes on 'n stuff," Louis slowly starts to get up before he winces, gritting his teeth. There was a time he would run a nine minute mile, and now he can barely get out of bed.

"Are you okay?" Harry asks gently, putting his arm on Louis' back.

"Yeah, no, 'm okay," Louis sighs, closing his eyes.

"Why don't you stay here, baby?" Harry says gently, helping Louis lay back down. He tries not to think too hard about how tired Louis looks. Louis frowns, but he doesn't argue, closing his eyes and sighing as Harry strokes his cheek.

"I don't want you to go alone," Louis mumbles, leaning into Harry's touch.

"I'll take Lottie with me or something," Harry assures, leaning down and kissing Louis' forehead. "Do you want anything?"

"No thank you," Louis smiles a little when Harry puts his hand on his cheek. "Take one of my jackets."

"Will do," Harry giggles. "I love you."

"Love you too," Louis closes his eyes again. Harry leans down to peck his lips before getting up off the bed. He ignores the twinge in his back, which as been aching for a week now, and makes his way to Lottie's room, knocking on the door.

"Come in!" Lottie calls out. Harry opens the door to see her watching some trashy reality show on her telly. She looks up. "What's up?"

"Wanna come to Asda?" Harry asks. Lottie twists her mouth. "I'll buy you a coffee."

"Deal," She springs out of her bed and makes a beeline for her wardrobe. "Just let me grab a jacket and some shoes."

"Sweet," Harry gives her a thumbs up before walking back to Louis' room, grabbing one of his jackets off of his desk chair. "See you later, love."

"Byeee," Louis mumbles into his pillow, eyes still closed. Harry tries not to focus on his worn-out appearance, instead taking a deep breath and walking out of the room, shutting the door behind him gently.

"Harryyy!" Doris exclaims as soon as Harry steps foot into the corridor. She latches onto his joggers, tugging on them and looking up at him. "You leavin'?

"Just running to the store with Lottie," Harry assures.

"I come?" Doris grins up at him. Harry can't say no to her, or her big blue eyes that remind him so much of Louis'.

"Sure, c'mon," Harry holds his hand out for Doris to take. "I'm getting Lottie some coffee, maybe we can get you a donut or summat?"

Doris gasps. Harry wishes everyone was as easy to please as a four year old. "Yay!" She beams. "I'll be on my bestest behav-ia."