Chapter 1

The kettle boiled viciously for the third time that morning and Sherlock Holmes listened, uninterested as John Watson poured out two cups of the steaming water. The sleuth was vaguely aware of the cup being placed on the coffee table next to where his feet were resting and his companion sitting down into his chair opposite.

"Mind palace?" John asked. Of course, if Sherlock had have been in his mind palace, he wouldn't have answered at all, and that would have also answered his question.
Instead, the detective groaned, "Bored."

"Well, you need to get yourself a case. You've been sat on your arse for the last week. There must be some clients on the website." John scoffed, taking a sip from his cup of tea and flicking a nearby newspaper over.

Sherlock grunted in response and sat in silence for a few seconds before launching himself off his chair. He slipped his way round the chair and sat himself at the desk. Lazily opening the lid of the laptop, the sleuth began scrolling through the hundreds of emails he had received over the past week that he had been completely inactive for.
He sent off a few emails, and 3 hours later, there was a short queue of clients outside his door.

"Yes" he called again, his voice monotone and bored sounding.

So many of the emails sounded somewhere close to interesting but no matter how hard he tried, none of the potential problems these people were bringing in seemed to grab his attention.
He was thankful therefore, when his phone abruptly began ringing from its place on the desk.

"Yes." Sherlock demanded.

"Sherlock it's Greg. I've got a case."