1.

High school, sport, friendship, partying, boys these are the biggest problems in a teenage girl's life, right? Well, that isn't how my teenage years are spent. Sometimes at night in bed, I dream of being a normal teenager. My school lessons, my sports and friendships were all made here at the academy. And as for boys, I can only daydream about them as all the males here are old. I reckon they have to be all about thirty years of age. A couple of them even have beards.

My name is Isabella Climb i am 16 years old and I work for the NISCA. You're probably wondering what that is. Well, I am a spy, at least that's what I like to call myself and NISCA stands for National Institute Secret something, something. To be honest I don't quite know the full name, as Nigel always referrers to it as Nisca: we are Proud here at Nisca; we keep everything secret here at Nisca; we are one of a kind here at Nisca, and so on. All you really need to know is that we work for the government. We are all female agents and all we really do is eliminate the bad guys. Nigel Lewis is our commander, which means he is the one who oversees all our training. And believe me, he is a hard taskmaster. Very hard.
All the agents live in one building and each girl has their own suite. These consist of a living room with a small bedroom on the side. The shared bathroom is down the end of the hall. All these suites are upstairs on two levels.

The gyms, track, arena, computer lab and cafeteria are all downstairs. This is where we spend most of our day. Each day we have sprint training, boxing, theory then gym class. Our mornings and afternoons are certainly full, with lunch in between. Pork, ham, or chicken served with a salad or vegetables every day, but it is still my favourite part of the day. Did I mention we get apple pie for dessert? Now you can understand why it is the best part of my day. It also gives us time to socialise and find out a bit more about each other. We have no television so we all enjoyed chatting. About five o'clock every day we have shooting practice, knife handling and the worst part, fight training.

Fight training is the deadliest part of training it is where we go face to face with another agent in the ring. You probably think that doesn't sound too bad, well aha that's what I thought at first, but then I saw my first fight. Apart from no eye gouging, there are pretty much no other rules - it's just two girls in the ring going their hardest. I thought it would just be a friendly fight where you maybe get a slap in the face, but let me tell you I was so wrong. The only way you win is when the other girl is on the ground passed out or they tap out. You put everything you have into these training fights because you really want to be ready for that monthly dreaded match. Nigel usually announces who would be fighting each other the week before. There is a sense of urgency in these monthly fights, nobody wants to lose. The punishment for the loser is two nights in the den.
The den is the worst punishment you can get. It is underground, all concrete, no windows, with one dim bulb. In each cell, there is a bed, no blanket, a jug of water and four pieces of fruit. You have to carefully control your intake of the food and water because it has to last you for the whole time you're in there. They also make sure you kept up your training and give you a scheduled workout that you have to complete three times a day. They have a camera in there so you can't cheat. It is so hard and the worst feeling in the world as you are starving, weak and feel like you are dying. But if you don't complete your workouts you received an extra night in the den.

​When fight night was over, the agents who won head back to their rooms where dinner served on a tray, will be at the front doors waiting for them.
​So there you go, that is pretty much an average day in the life of an agent. When we were working on an assignment it was a lot easier.

​Now you're probably wondering how I got into that life. It began when I was ten years of age. The only thing I remember was waking up in a dull blue room laying on a bed with leads of some sort attached to parts of my head. A man in a suit then entered the room with a computer, and he asked me what I remembered. I told him I couldn't remember anything, not even my name or age. At lightning speed, he asked me one question after another. I recall just shaking my head, as I seemed to have no memory of anything. This frustrated me and I began to cry - yeah I know, cry baby, but hey, this happened six years ago when I was only ten. He must have felt sorry for me, you know, like being so young and all, because he kindly detached the leads, sat me up and explained what had happened to me. My parents had abandoned me when I was a little girl and I was living on the streets. Then one day when I was on the verge of death from hunger, Nigel saw me and brought me here and he saved me

That gives you the lowdown on how I came to be at this place training to become an Agent. I still can't remember anything about my life before the age of ten, but it doesn't seem to worry me now. Although sometimes I get sad and I would like to remember my parents at least, but then again if they abandoned me, maybe it's healthier for me not to remember them. By the way, I still go to see that man in the suit. Dan is his name; he lives here and is a doctor. He looks after all of us when we are hurt or sick. He is nice and once a month he gives me an injection of some sort. It is supposed to help me recall my memory. So far it hasn't worked.
I now look at the people at Nisca as my family. Most of them are a fair bit older than I am. Some are nearly twenty-one. Lou is my best friend here. She is seventeen and the closest to my age so that is probably why we get along, plus her room is right next to mine. So it is handy if we need someone to talk to.