11.

After about a ten-minute drive, he stopped the car and we got out. I saw a sign say Turumbarer beach. I looked around me and saw the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. There was forest all around us. Connor then led me down a narrow path to the cutest deserted beach. It was so beautiful with sparkling blue water and grey sand. I had never seen a beach in real life I've only seen them on the screen of my computer.

As I looked along the sand, I saw a blanket spread out with cushions and a picnic basket. Conner looked down at me for my reaction. I know I had a beaming smile on my face. He squeezed my hand.
"Did you do all this?" I asked.
"Yeah, I did. I knew you wouldn't have been to a beach before either, so I wanted to make this another special day for you."
"This is absolutely beautiful thank you."
He sat down and opened the basket to reveal all the food and drink. I joined him on the blanket.
We remained there for about three hours. We just chatted and laughed as if nothing else was on our mind.

Connor looked at me in a way that made my heart melt and said, "When I first saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. At that moment, I wanted to take you in my arms and kiss you. If I had you would have thought I was a douche and would have hated me. You wouldn't have grown to like me like I am pretty sure you do right now. I'm so glad I let my guard down because I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now."
After Conner said this he then leant in and kissed me - another romantic mesmerising kiss.

We talked, kissed and ate all afternoon, not necessarily in that order. We didn't even realise that the sun was going down.
"Wow, this really has been a beautiful day, Conner. I never knew what I was missing out on all these years."
"I almost forgot I bought you a present," he said. He passed me a plastic bag.
"They are swimmers. I thought we could go for a night time swim and I didn't want to tell you to bring your swimmers as it would have spoilt the surprise."
"Oh wow I love them," I said as I pulled them from the bag. "Thank you so much they are beautiful." I gave him a quick peck and ran up to the bush to get changed into my new swimmers.

When I returned I saw Conner was already in the water. I joined him. It was a bit cold at first but refreshing. I waded up behind him meaning to surprise him, but he must have heard me because he turned around. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his arms around my waist. The moonlight reflected off the water making it look magical. We just sat there swaying in the water, still in each other's embrace.

"So how's your first swim at the beach going?" Conner asked.
"The water is beautiful and all." I looked at him and said in a teasing manner, "but I don't know about the rest, I mean, I have pretty boring company."
"Oh is that so?" Conner then removed his hands from my waist, cupped his hands in the water and splashed it in my face.

As I was wiping the water out of my eyes he was running in the other direction, very slowly I must add because it's very hard to run fast in the water. I chased after him and jumped on his back trying to make him collapse into the water, but he was too strong and bulk. He was spinning around trying to make me fall off, but he ended up tripping himself over which resulted in both of us ending up with our head under water.

It felt weird having a fake fight, good weird though. I mean, Nigel always taught us that in a fight its either you or your opponent who comes out the other end. It's a do or die situation and must be taken seriously. But mucking around with Conner made me feel... free, like I wasn't so trapped and I liked that feeling of 'freedom'. After a few more splashes our fight ended and it was beginning to get cold so we ran back to the picnic blanket to get our towels. We got dressed, and Connor had brought along jackets for us. He started a fire and we sat on the picnic blanket for ages enjoying the warmth.

"Nigel won't be happy If he finds out about this," I said
"Who says he has to find out?"
"It's Nigel. He runs the Academy and he finds out everything. Do you think we can hide this from him?"
"I don't know but we can never let him find out, ever," Conner said this with such fear in his voice.
"Are you scared of him?" I asked. I felt Conner's body stiffen as I asked this.
"Yes," Conner replied with no emotion in his voice.
"Why? He's one of the good guys. He is the one that gets rid of the bad guys."
Conner gave me a funny look that I couldn't understand, then he quickly jumped to his feet.

"Come on, it's late and we should get going." He doused the fire and then started packing up the food.
"oh uh, ok," I replied as I began to help him. I was wondering what that look was all about. Was he jealous of Nigel being a hero and upset that he wasn't an agent?

The ride home was silent. When we arrived at the academy Conner walked me to my room.
"Are you all right?" I asked.
"I'm fine, I just didn't realise how late it was."
"Oh ok, we'll goodnight." I said, "and thanks again for today."
"Goodnight, Isabella," Conner replied. He gave me a quick peck and then he left me standing in the hallway alone.
I unlocked my door and headed straight to bed.