16.

​​"Agent 1 what are you doing here." She asked
​"I was just here to see how training was going and what I had missed."
​I made my way to her couch and sat down.
​"Oh yes it's been good I was actually going to ask how the whole assignment was going. Have you found out who the intruder is yet?" Sarah was now sitting at her desk with her back to me.
​"No I haven't, but I'm getting close, very close"

​I then remembered something the only people who knew what the assignment I was working on were Nigel, Conner, and Lou. And I guess, Crystal must have suspected to have come to my room and erase her scan. How did Sarah know? Did Crystal see more than I thought when she was looking through my computer? Had she told Sarah about it? I needed to ask the question.

​"How did you know I was working on this assignment? It was supposed to be top secret."
​It was silent for a few seconds and I swear I could head Sarah's heart pounding through her chest.
​"Oh, I don't know I think I must have heard someone talking about it or something."
​"No, actually you wouldn't have heard anyone like I said it is top secret. So that means the only way you would have known is if you were keeping an eye on me and the only reason you would be keeping an eye on me is to see if I'm getting close to figuring out that you are the intruder and you killed Crystal and Rebecca!"

​She stood and faced me. I also stood and I pulled my knife from my pocket to show her I was armed so she wouldn't get any dumb ideas.
​"Ok, I know you're smart Isabella so I'm not going to lie to you. Instead, I'm going to be the first person in your whole life to tell you the truth, the actual truth."
​I was confused by what she said.
​"What are you talking about?"

​"Everyone here is lying to you, even Nigel, Conner and Lou, the people you think you are close to." She walked towards me but I backed away from her.
​"Lying to me about what?" I asked, totally confused.
​"Isabella, I work for the Federal Police and this agency doesn't work for the government. Nigel isn't training you girls to be agents he's training you to be assassins." The older girls in the other groups are already assassins. My mind started to fog up as I tried to process what she said.

​"Your lying, you're just trying to dig yourself out of your own grave. If you really worked for the Federal Police, and what you are saying is true, you would have arrested Nigel years ago. I'm not falling for your games."
​"I'm telling you the truth Isabella, I didn't hand in Nigel because we are trying to get all the clients who hired him. People pay Nigel to Kill others. Nigel doesn't care if the people he's killing are innocent or not. He isn't getting rid of the bad guys he is the bad guy. He killed Rebecca, and he killed Crystal. Everyone's been lying to you. All the other agents know the truth, but for some reason that I can't figure out, Nigel is making everyone lie to you.
​Isabella, your real name is Melanie Stewart. Your mother, father and Nigel were friends, but your mother died and your father disappeared. That was when Nigel brought you here."

​How do you know this?" I asked.
​"I saw your file in Nigel's office the other week. He has a separate file for you locked in his cabinet."
​I didn't believe her, but then there was a little part of me that begun to wonder. My file wasn't with the other agent's files that I was studying. Was this why?

​"Melanie, have you ever wondered why you cannot remember anything before Nigel brought you here?"
​"Don't call me that, my name is Isabella."
​"Okay, Isabella, let me tell you that the doctor gives you an injection each month to keep you from remembering. It is not to make you remember at all. They want to keep you in the dark for some reason or other. Listen, I can see you still have some doubts. Do you want to come to the doctor's rooms now and I will show you?"

It was weird, I wasn't threatened by her, but I still found her words hard to believe, so this would be a good chance to prove things for myself.

"Yes, I would, I am due for an injection in the next couple of days, so I guess he would have it there," I said.
"Good, we can wait an hour until everyone has gone to bed and then break into his rooms. Do you want to go home and change first?"