chapter 4

When I wake up I'm still in the truck. I realize that I'm leaning into Alex and he has his arm around me. We were parked in the driveway in front of my house. I looked up to see Alex looking down at me smiling.

"You know that you could of woke me up once we got here" I say.

"I know. I wanted to let you sleep."

I sit up and he opens up the door. He climbs out and I follow behind. We go straight inside. We both sit-down on the couch. We sit in silence not moving.

"Well...I should probably be leaving to let you get some sleep" Alex says.

"Okay, see you tomorrow then."

"See ya."

Alex leaves and I sit in silence for a while. I finally get some dinner and eat it in silence. My dad should of been back by now. My phone starts ringing and I look at the number. It was unknown but I quickly pick it up anyway.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"This is Benjamin, is this Olivia?"

"Yes."

"Everything is fine but would you be able to come to the hospital. Your dad has been hurt but he is just fine. He is just resting right now."

"Wh-what happened?"

"Everything will be explained once you get here just please come as soon as possible."

I quickly hung up and start calling Alex. I listen to the phone ring until he finally picks up.

"Alex, could you please bring me to the hospital... Benjamin just called and I need to go to the hospital."

"Is everything okay?"

"I-I don't know I just need to get to the hospital...please hurry."

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

I hang up and start pulling back on my shoes. I clean off my plate and put it in the dishwasher. I quickly go back to the front door to see Alex pulling up. I run out the door to his truck and climb in. He takes off down the road.

"Did you really not bring a jacket?"

"Does it look like I had time? I haven't even changed."

"True...take my extra sweater."

I grab the sweatshirt that was on the seat next to me and pull it over my dress. We get to the hospital not to long after. We both get out and go running inside. I go to run past Benjamin and the policemen to go find my dad but Benjamin grabs me. I fight trying to pull away. There all yelling at me trying to get me to stop. I don't want to stop fighting and I want to get to my dad.

I knew that the reason he had to of been hurt is that we aren't safe. That there are still people after us and from what I learned last time, I can't trust anyone. Suddenly I'm grabbed from behind. I'm held tightly but I still try to get away.

"Olivia stop!" the person who's holding me yells. "Please! Olivia just stop!"

I finally realize that it's Alex who is holding me. I stop as tears roll down my face. I turn and hold onto Alex tightly. I bury my face in his chest as he holds me tightly to him.

Alex whispers into my ear, "let's go find your dad."

I pull aways and wipe my face with the sleeve. Alex keeps his arm around and one of the officers show us to my dad's room. I push away from Alex and run to my dad. He hugs me tightly and rubs my back.

"Don't worry Olivia, I'm just fine. It's just my knee. I'll be fine."I finally pull away and my dad wipes away my tears. "Hey Alex...Do you mind calling your dad and ask him to come here?"

"Sure thing."

Alex leaves into the hall to call William. I sit down on the couch that isn't too far from my dad. We stay silent even when Alex walks back in. Alex sits down by me and we wait. Finally William comes and walks through the door.

"How are you doing?" asks William.

"Pretty good...I was wondering if it would be okay if Olivia stayed with you guys until I can leave since there would be no one at the house to be with her."

"Yeah that would be fine."

Then Benjamin comes hurrying in while holding out his phone to my dad. "We have a problem."

"What is it?"

"Just watch this."

The room goes silent as my dad watches the video. He just starts shaking his head. The count was off but I know that it couldn't of been good. My dad glances over to me and then looks at Benjamin who was staring at me right in the eyes. Benjamin was definitely was not happy with me but my dad just looked worried.

"Where did they get this?" my dad asks.

"I don't know. Someone must of taken it. You know that this sort of thing happens all the time. When they found out what happened they must of came to try to get in to see you."

They both look over at me again.

"What?" I ask so confused.

Benjamin and my dad look at eachother again and then finally Benjamin speaks up, "There has been a video posted that isn't too great. Its of you fighting with me and the officers. Your going to have to start being more careful about how you act in public. It would ruin your dads career and we won't want that to happen."

"So...It's not my fault that they took a video of me and posted it."

"Yes but you will need to starting being on your best behavior in public because anyone can take pictures or videos of you."

I stand up putting my arms up in the air angrily, "And how is this my problem?! It's not my fault that all this has happened!"

"But your the one that was behaving that way."

"Well you're the one who wouldn't tell me what happened and then didn't let me come back here so I have a right to act that way!"

"We needed to talk to you first. Besides anyone can see you in public and anything can spread quickly. Rumors about the video and more."

"I'm just so sick of this!"

I run out of the room and down the hall. There was a group of people with cameras all taking pictures. Trying to ask me questions and block my way. I look back to see Alex, William, Benjamin and one of the officers coming. I start pushing through the crowd and some of the people get distracted and start trying to ask Benjamin questions. I keep on running until I get outside. I stop and put my hands on my head while rubbing my temples. I jump when I feel hands on my shoulders and quickly turn to see Alex. He keeps his hand on my arms looking me straight in the eyes.

"Are you okay?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I just wanna leave."

"Then let's go."

I go with Alex to his truck and a climb in. He pulls out his phone and texts his dad. We then go straight to my house so I could pack some of my stuff. After I pack some of my stuff into a small duffle back I grab my backpack. Alex takes my duffle bag and we head out to his truck. Once we get to his house I put my backpack on the couch.

I lay down using the backpack as a pillow. I pull the blanket off the back on the couch and wrap myself up in it. Alex doesn't say word. I didn't feel like getting up to go and change out of the dress. I hear William come in and Alex talking to him. I was too tired to listen and I just fall asleep.