chapter 14

There was now a crowd in front of us in our way. Dr Rodriguez luckily helps clears the way. He makes sure we get to the door safely. We step outside and he stays right behind us. I felt like I was going to pass out. I accidentally keep on leaning more and more into Alex. My steps keep on faltering and we finally get to the car.

"Sorry, I thought we would get you out here sooner...I gave you enough to you would also be able to at least be able to get some sleep two," William says as we climb into the back seats.

I don't even do up my seatbelt and just lay up against Alex's chest. I curl up as close as I can get to him. He kisses my forehead while holding me as I pass out.

When I wake up I'm still being held. I open up my eyes to see Alex. He looks at me and then smiles. I realize that were in the living room. Alex is laying partway down and my head is on his chest.

"What time is it?" I mutter sitting up.

"You should be asking what day it is," he says with a chuckle.

"Wha-what do you mean?"

"I'm joking."

"I'm so confused..." I says with my hands to my forehead.

"You know what, forget what I just said. It's around five in the afternoon."

My stomach growls and my face reddens in embarrassment. I look to see Alex smiling down at me.

"You want something to eat?"

I just smile and nod my head. He gets up and starts heading into the kitchen. I was thinking if following but then just decided to stay where I was. I pull the blanket even tighter around me. I look over as Alex comes back in as I realize he is limping. Well trying hard not to but definitely not succeeding.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" he says while setting the plate on my lap.

"Your limping."

"Trust me, I'm just fine."

He sits down next to me. I look down at the plate that has mashed potatoes and meat on it.

I look back up at Alex, "then let me see."

"No I'm not gonna let you see. There's nothing wrong anyway."

"Well you just proved my point now let me see."

"How is that proving your point?"

"You won't let me see and if it was fine then there would be nothing to hide."

"Fine..."

He pulls up his leg and pulls off his sock. He then rolls up part of his pant leg and I could see a big bruise on his ankle. I move the plate to the couch and stand up.

"Where are you going?" Alex asks me.

"To get you an ice pack for your ankle."

"No-"

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"No but im just fine Olivia. I can go get it myself."

"Well Too bad."

I go straight into the kitchen and start looking through the freezer trying to find an ice pack. Either I was stupid or there really wasn't any ice packs in the freezer.

"I can't find an ice pack anywhere in the freezer" I yell to Alex.

"It's on the top shelf in the back" he yells back.

I finally find the icepack and then bring it to Alex. He had the footrest up and so I start to lightly lay it on his ankle. He winces when it touches him and I end up dropping it on his ankle instead. He quickly sits up and grabs it off.

"I am so sorry...I didn't mean to...you just moved and-"

"Its okay," says Alex as he lays the ice pack back on his ankle.

He looks up and smiles at me. I just sit down and slowly eat what he had gotten me. I then get back up to go back into the kitchen.

"Wait, where are you going?" says Alex.

"Um...to go put my plate away. Then I'm going to go find your dad."

"Why are you going to go find my dad?"

"Because your hurt and your dad should probably look at your ankle."

"Your hurt two."

"Yeah and everyone already knows that."

Alex then doesn't say anything. I go into the kitchen and set my plate down in the sink. I then head down the hall to William's room. I lightly knock on the door and wait quietly for an answer. I then knock again while shifting from one foot to the other. I wait again in silence. I go to knock again but then the door opens.

"Hey Olivia, what do you need?" asks William.

"Alex hurt is ankle. I'm not sure when it happened but its all bruised and I thought that you would want to look at it. He didn't want me to tell you but I thought it would be better if I did."

William just smiles at me and nods his head. I walk beside him into the living room where Alex was still laying. William kneels down and takes the ice pack lightly off of Alex's ankle.

"When did this happen?" asks William as he slowly bends Alex's ankle.

"Well...I should of told you before," he pauses while hissing at the pain. "I fell off my motorcycle on the way back here on Friday."

"Why didn't you tell us?" says William putting a pillow under Alex's ankle and laying down his ankle lightly.

"I just wanted to make sure Olivia got all the help she needed. I didn't want you guys to have to worry about me two."

Of course Alex haven't told anyone because of me. I just keep looking back and forth between the two as they talk.

"You know that if you told us then it could of been almost healed by now."

"I know..."

"Your going to have to use crutches then tomorrow so you can go take your finals."

I finally ask, "Wait, we're going to school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, its just to get your guy's finals over with. Alex, would you like something for your ankle?"

"Sure."

William leaves and goes into the kitchen. It doesn't take him long to come back with medicine and a cup of water for Alex. William leaves back into his room where my dad was. I move over and sit right beside Alex.

"You can stay in my room tonight so you don't have to sleep on the couch."

"But what about you? Where will you sleep?"

"I'm just gonna stay here."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Now, you should go and get some sleep for tomorrow."

We just smile at each other. I get up and go get changed. Then I go into Alex's room and pass out immediately.