chapter 12

When I wake up the sun is shining in. My side hurt but it was bearable. I could hear noise coming from the kitchen but I didn't want to get up. Then I see Alex coming into the living room. He smiles once he sees me. He comes over and kneels down right by my side.

"Hey, do you want something to eat?" he says in a soft tone.

"Sure but can I come with you today?"

"What do you mean?"

"Did your dad say if I can come with you today?"

Alex just smiles, "Are you talking about to church?"

"Yes."

"Your gonna have to talk to him about that one. Now I'm going to go and get you some to eat. My dad made pancakes if you want some."

I just nod my head and Alex gets up and leaves. He comes back with medicine for me to take and two pancakes. I sit up and take the medicine. Then Alex hands me the plate and I set it on my lap.

"It's still early in the morning so church won't be for a while. My dad went to go take a shower so you'll have to wait until he's done."

I don't end up finishing my breakfast. I only get a bit more than half way finish with both of them. Alex takes my plate for me and brings it into the kitchen. He then come back and sits down by my feet.

"So...how are you feeling?"

"I hurt."

I move my feet to the ground and lean up against the back of the couch.

"I'm sorry all of this had to happen" says Alex looking over at me.

"It's okay, none of this was your fault anyway."

We then sit in silence. William then walks into the living room with my dad.

"I thought I heard you two up," says my dad.

"I wanted to know if I could go with Alex to church."

"Are you sure your feeling up to it?" asks William.

"Yes, so can I go?"

"As long as your dad's okay with it."

"I'm fine with at as long as she is feeling up to it."

I just smile and look over to Alex. William and my dad sit down on the other couch. They turn on the TV and we all hang out in the living room. Not to long after we have some lunch.

"We should probably be getting ready to go," says William.

I turn to Alex, "I have nothing to wear."

He stands up and holds out his hand to me. "Just follow me," he says with I smile.

I take his hand and stand up. I follow him into another room. There were boxes piled up and he opens up one of them. He pulls out a pink lace dress with a black belt and a little bow on it.

"This should fit you," he says handing it to me.

I got into the bathroom and change into the dress that went a bit past my knees. There were no sleeves just thick straps. I run my fingers through my hair trying the best I can to smooth it down. I then step out of the bathroom and go into the living room. My dad hands me my strapped sandals. He had to of gotten my stuff sometime yesterday. I turn around when I hear Alex walking in. Alex and I just smile.

"You two ready to go?" William asks from behind us.

"I thinks so," replies Alex.

I follow right beside Alex and behind William out to the car. I climb in with Alex in the back while William gets in the front.

"Is Jay not coming this time?" I ask.

"He doesn't need to but I bet he would if you want him to," replies William looking back at me.

"No I'm good."

William then starts the car and we go straight to the church. My side kept on slowly hurting more and more but I just ignore it. Once we get there Alex climbs out first and then holds his hand out to me. I get out and he puts his arm around my waist since most time I had a hard time getting around.

Once we get inside we sit down on the side close to the front. William goes up to the front of the room and sits down with Officer Moore. I just ignore the pain hoping it would go away. Close to the end of the meeting I can't stand it anymore. It was in more pain then in the car yesterday. I also felt hot and sick. I tap on Alex's shoulder trying to hold back tears that were threatening to fall. He immediately looks at me.

"You okay?"

"No...my side really hurts. More than the last time."

"Do you think you could make it till the end? It's almost over."

I just squeezing my eyes shut, "I-I can try it just hurts so much."

Alex pulls me close to him and holds me tightly. Tears roll down my face and I just hold tighter onto him. Finally the meeting is over. I wipe away some of my tears but they dont stop falling. Alex hold me tightly as he has me stand up. My side gets in even more pain and I go to grip my side but Alex stops me. I then wrap my arms around him and bury my face into his chest.

Suddenly Officer Moore and William are by my side. I now only had one arm around Alex. We were walking towards the outside doors. I let go of both of them and fall to my knees gripping my side. There's lots of talking coming from in the chapel and from the three of them but I wasn't listening to any of it. Alex kneels down in front of me and pulls my hands away from my side. I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face into his chest again.

Alex helps me stand up and then picks me up. I could see William's arm around Alex's shoulder with Officer Moore on the opposite side of Alex. We get into William's car in the back seat. I groan in pain as Alex and Officer Moore helps me get in. Officer Moore goes to his car which is parked right beside us. Alex climbs in right beside me. William climbs into the front seat and turns to face us.

"Could you help Olivia lay down," says William to Alex.

Alex helps me lay down some but still leaning onto him. Officer Moore drives his car right in front of us all the way to the house. Once we get there Officer moore comes and opens up the door. He picks me up and I hold back a scream. He carries me all the way inside into a bedroom. It was just William, Officer Moore and me.

I get sat down on a bed. William holds up my dress and starts unwrapping my stomach. I was so lucky that I was wearing spandex underneath. He has me lay down and then puts the back of his hand to my forehead. Then he goes back to my stomach. I cry the whole time and then he has me sit up. I scream in pain as he wraps backup my stomach. Officer Moore even holds me from behind while William wraps it up. I then get laid back down and a blanket put on me. I pass out immediately.