chapter 5

I wake up to a noise in the kitchen. I climb off of the couch realizing that I still had on Alex's sweater on. I go into the kitchen to see William getting some breakfast. He turns to see me and smiles.

"I hope you like toast" he says. "Alex should be out soon. He's just getting changed."

"Okay."

I go back into the living room where my duffle bag is sitting on the floor. I grab a change of clothes and go into the bathroom. I quickly change and get ready for another day at school. I go back into the living room and put my dress into the duffle bag. I go into the kitchen to see Alex at the table already eating. William hands me a plate with toast on it and I go over to the table. I hand Alex his sweater and then sit down.

"Thanks" he says quietly.

The week goes by slowly and it's only Thursday. At first there weren't any crowds at the school but then there slowly got bigger and bigger crowds. They started just blocking the front door so we could go through the back without being noticed.

I pull out my phone to see that my dad texted. It said "Please come to the hospital again after school and you will have to use the back entrance. I will make sure someone is there to show you and Alex in. Just please try to stay out of the crowds." I put down my phone a finish my breakfast. My phone then buzzes again and Alex looks up at me. I look to see that now Benjamin is texting me.

Benjamin: I'm going to be coming today during your choir class.

Me: Why?

Benjamin: Because you need to practice the songs still.

Me: But im busy and I won't be able to practice and I can do that later anyway.

Then he doesn't answer. I was really hoping that he doesn't show up at the school during choir.

"What is it?" asks Alex as we head out the door.

"Nothing."

"Okay..."

We climb into his truck and start heading to school.

"You know... I've always wanted a motorcycle" says Alex.

"Well that came out of nowhere" I say laughing a bit.

"I'm serious! I have been trying to save up enough for one."

"But wouldn't you have to learn how to ride it?"

"Well yeah but I can learn."

"I just would never want to ride one...I don't know I just have never cared to ride one. Even when my dad will offer me a ride."

"Your dad has a motorcycle?!"

"Yeah..."

"Well when I get one your going on a ride with me."

"As long as you know how to ride it then maybe I will ."

"Oh you will be" he says glancing at me with a smile.

I just smile back and then realize the group people with cameras at the front of the school. They were definitely waiting for me.

"We have to go to the back of the school and I can't go in at the front or the side."

"Why not the side?"

"They'll see me, crowds can be dangerous and my dad said to go through the back."

"Okay but what do you mean crowds could be dangerous?"

"Right now someone must wasnt me or my dad to be dead and anyone could be in the crowds."