chapter 9

The next day Jay brings me to school again but this time leaves to the front office while Alex and I head to class. During lunch we meet up with the same group of friends as usual and sooner or later it's art. While we are working on our project Alex leans closer to me.

"I wanted to know if you would like to come over to my house and we could go for a ride on the motorcycle."

"Yeah, do you want me to meet you at your house or..."

"If you can could you just meet me at the house?"

"Yeah I'll ask Jay to drop me off."

Alex just smiles and we go back to work. At the end of the day I meet Jay at the front office.

"Ready to go?" Jay asks.

"Um...I was planning on going over to Alex's house but I would need a ride there...if you don't mind."

"Are you sure your dad will be okay with this?"

"Yeah he knows Alex's dad and he won't mind at all. Alex just wanted to take me on a ride on his new motorcycle."

"Okay just make sure your dad knows about this."

I quickly text my dad to let him know where I will be and then follow Jay out to the car. I point him in which directions to go until we get to Alex's house. We of course had beaten him there because Alex got sent on a mission during the last period by the teacher he was helping.

"I can just wait by the front door so you can leave of you want. Either I can text or I can have my dad text you the address if you want."

"I'm going to be staying here. You guys can go do your thing and I will be getting done any work I need to get done."

"Okay."

I get out of the car once Alex pulls up in his. I stand in front of the garage as Alex gets out of the car.

"Hey!" He says coming over to me.

"Hey."

"So is Jay staying here and waiting for you?"

"Yeah but he won't bother us. He's going to be getting some work done."

"Well the motorcycle is out back so I'll be right back and then we can go get the helmets from inside."

"Okay."

He smiles at me and then takes off running to the back. It doesn't take him long to bring the motorcycle up to the front. Then I follow him inside and into the garage. He grabs two helmets and then we head back outside. I zip up my jacket all the way as we head over to the motorcycle. He stops and sets one of the helmets on the motorcycle.

"You can use my helmet" he says putting the helmet he was holding on my head.

"What's the difference?"

"Nothing really. Maybe just a bit different design but I just thought I would use my dad's."

He starts adjusting the straps on my helmet. He makes them tighter since the helmet was too loose on me.

"You know, you have a small head."

"Um... thanks?"

He just starts laughing and then quickly puts on his dad's. He climbs on to the motorcycle and pats behind him on the seat. I climb on right behind him trying to give him some distance while holding onto his shoulders. He starts the motorcycle up and then turns back to look at me.

"You know it would be easier if you scoot closer and hold on around my waist" he yells over the sound of the motorcycle.

I scoot a bit closer and put my arms loosely around his waist. He then reached back and pulls me as close as he can.

"You may wanna hold on!"

He then slowly starts going faster and faster as we go down the road. As we go faster I tighten my grip more around him. We finally stick to one speed and make our way down the road. After a while he pulls over to the side of the dirt road and turns off the motorcycle.

"What are we doing?" I ask as he puts his keys in his pocket.

"There's a sorta path that I thought we would go on."

I then climb off and then he follows after. He pushes his motorcycle closer to the trees where the path is. He takes off his helmet and then takes off mine for me. I smooth down my hair the best I can as Alex hides our helmets under his motorcycle. We then start down the path. As we walk along the very rough path that is basically not even a path at all I look at all the flowers as we walk by. I stop and kneel down at a cosmos flower. It was beautiful and there were different colored flowers around it.

I look up to see that Alex had kept on walking slowly. He hadn't gotten too far though so I could at least catch up. I stand up and start making my way slowly towards him. I suddenly get grabbed by the waist. I scream and then feel a sharp pain go though my side. Alex quickly turns around and runs towards me. I struggle to get out of the man's grasp. Alex is then right in front of me and was pulling the man's arms from around the.

I take a few steps away from then and turn around to see Alex fighting with a man that looked the same from a few months ago. He had the same blond hair and green eyes. Alex then punches him hard in the face and then grabs onto the man's shoulders. He ends up ramming the guys head into the tree and he falls to the ground. Alex quickly start running towards me and grabs my hand. The other man was slowly getting back up and he could definitely be able to catch up.

I keep one hand tightly on my side while Alex drags me though the forest. We finally stop and Alex pulls out his phone. He must of had service because he puts the phone to his ear and starts talking to someone. I don't listen though and Alex was turned away from me. I glance down and pull my hand away a bit to see blood. I quickly put my hand back where it one and hold the side of my stomach with both hands.

I couldn't panic now and I didnt want Alex to know because he would make a big deal about it. I just wanted to get home and I didnt want Alex to have to worry so much for me. I look back up to see Alex just hanging up and looking over at me.

"I just called Jay and he said that he would contact more help. We'll need to meet him over by my motorcycle and if we get to the motorcycle before he does then to just keep on going to your house. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Let's just go."

I walk right behind Alex still holding where I had gotten hurt.

"You know where you're going right?" I ask.

"I think so."

I just keep quiet not feeling like I could argue with him. I just keep on walking trying to to think about how I'm bleeding. Of course that's all I can think about. I was feeling light-headed but I just had to keep on going. I don't even realize when Alex stops so I almost walk into him.

"Why'd we stop?"

"Because I want to make sure no one sneaks up on you again and you have been going really slow. Are you sure your okay?"

"I'm fine now let's keep going."

I keep on walking while watching the ground trying to make sure I don't trip. I just wanted to stop and take a break but I knew if I did that then Alex would know something is wrong. So I keep on going and don't stop.