UA

Deku POV

They say that when you die, after leaving your body, you forget everything.

You forget your friends, your family, how you died, just everything.

It was partially true for me.

I still remembered my dream to get into UA, how much I wanted to be a hero, even if I didn't have a quirk. I still remember the day Kacchan told me to jump off a building, and I remember the day I did.

The rush of adrenaline still courses through my veins.

But...they also say you only lose your memory when you go to the afterlife.

Did I somehow survive? But that'd be impossible.

Did I...not move on?

A bright light breaks my dark vision.

Oh, it just took a while.

I then stop and rethink.

Since when was Heaven in a supply closet?

3rd POV

(August)

It's Shoto Todoroki's first day at UA, as well as all the first years'.

"I wonder who's in our class!" He hears a high pitched voice from the door with the label, 1-A.

"I can't wait for orientation!" The same voice squeals.

Shoto decides not to go into the room and walks right past it, walking down the hallway.

"H-hello?" Shoto Todoroki hears something, or rather someone, locked in the janitor's closet.

"Can anyone hear me?" The feeble voice called out. "Please help!"

"I'll let you out, don't worry."

Todoroki opens the door and screams.

"Y-YOU'RE A GHOST!"

"I know."

A boy around his age looks up at him.

The boy seems faded, almost transparent.

He's a dusty color. He has big, round eyes and barely visible freckles. He has messy, colorless hair.

"I'm Izuku Midoriya." He stands up.

"Shoto Todoroki." He introduces.

Midoriya walks to a confused Todoroki.

"How did you die?"
"Where are we?"

They speak at the same time.

"We're at UA High School," Todoroki informs.

"How did you die? What was your quirk?" Shoto bombards the younger with questions.

"How I died? Well...I'll tell you another day, and, I was quirkless." Izuku stands there awkwardly, trying to think of something to ask him.

"What's your quirk?' He asks.

"Well... " Shoto begins, "I have ice on this side-" He points to his right side- "and fire here." He points to his left side.

Izuku notices that the white side of his hair represents his ice, while the red represents fire.

"How'd you get your scar?" Todoroki points to Deku's head.

"It happened when I died." Izuku answers.

"How'd you get your scar?"

"It's...a long story. A story I'll tell you as soon as you tell me how you died."