The Truth Be Told

Sybarin was lost in the abyss of memories that he doesn't remember, wherever direction he turns, he was somewhere else unfamiliar. One moment he's in a house, beautifully painted, leather couch set up, a large television screen stood against the wall where all the couches faced, and the sun shone through the windows in a golden light. Then he turns his head and sees the sun settle in the horizon with buildings that stood beautifully designed and roads that stretched in a uniform grid pattern.

Then he hears her voice again, as the wind blows flower petals through him, "It's beautiful isn't it."

He turns his head and sees her clearer than ever, her black hair swayed gracefully at the wind and her sapphire eyes shone at him as she warmly smiled at him. Sybarin's heart felt at ease, warm and reassured, her presence felt so unfamiliar, yet familiar somehow.

 Sybarin's heart felt at ease, warm and reassured, her presence felt so unfamiliar, yet familiar somehow

He stammered, slowly remembering the name that he hears, whenever he feels that way, "Emily?"

She looked at him and turned away, leaning on the railing with distraught, "I wish we could be like this together forever, Sybarin."

Sybarin felt worry and fear of what she was going to say with confusion, 'What is she talking about?'

"Graduation is almost near, I followed your advice you said earlier this year and..." she paused, taking a deep breath and turned to him, "I found a University I want to go to. But it's all the way in Japan and... I really want to go there to be a Manga artist. We probably won't see each other anymore."

Sybarin didn't understand what she was talking about, but he felt his heart break and tears stream down his face. He looked down at the mossy concrete ground and couldn't find the words to speak. This pain, this feeling of loss and being alone, began feeling so close to him, like it was happening right now. He took a deep breath and cried, "Don't go! I can't lose you. Not after my family..."

Emily put a hand on his shoulder and raised his head to meet her, she held out her pinky finger and said, "We may be far away. But we won't forget each other, so that we can meet again after we grow up, I won't forget you, ever. So don't forget me. Promise we will remember each other."

Sybarin felt a small spark of hope in him remembering those words, he hooked his pinky finger with her's and smiled at her, as she smiled at him. Then suddenly, he felt failure, he felt failure as he looked at her smile, and it all disappeared into black.

The feeling of failure grew more painful and the muffled voices grew clearer, it was Emily's, "I trusted you! How could you do that to me after all what I've been to you!?" tears were streaming down her face with a strong look of betrayal, "I thought you really cared about me. But now I'm sorry to say, that I loved you."

Sybarin felt his heart break and his blood run cold, she didn't know what happened that day, she just believed that guy like he was telling the truth, just like everyone else does. Why? WHY? Why does this always happen to him, all he just does is try to go on, one day at a time. He should just disappeared from the world, everyone would be better off without him. Everyone around him just get hurt either way.