The Tale of Khora's Fury

It was a very long time ago. The galaxy was in a balance sustained by the Tenno, and among them were the four; Sybarin, Tayla, Praeton, and Aya.

They were by no means well known, but they were recognized by a fair number of others.

Among them was another Tenno named Felin (pronounced, feelin') who is one that won the Khora Warframe from the Sanctuary Onslaught.

These were the mid days of Sybarin's team known as the Knight's Order. As they went on, they met her along with the Gunslinger Sisters who are well known bounty hunters, with all its members being female.

Felin was a lot like Aya, but was more graceful, woman like, and much rougher. She and Praeton had a lot in common, the three noticed that easily. For a while they had their eyes on each other, she started going with them more and establishing a bond with them, especially Praeton.

One day she told them she wanted to join them. Sybarin was really open to the idea and saw no reason to refuse.

It was at a very unfortunate timing that an unusual occurrence started happening. Kavats were attacking settlements from different planets in a patterned and strategic manner, no one knew why. Suddenly, people started believing that it was all planned by Felin who was known for having the Khora Warframe which is known for coming from a Kavat.

Other Tenno also didn't know of Khora's capabilities, so they grew skeptical around her. The Knight's Order and the Gunslinger Sisters were the only ones who dared keep her from harms way.

When the attacks intensified, Syndicates and Tennos altogether started hunting her down in the belief that doing so will end this.

It wasn't long after that she disappeared, when Sybarin and the Sisters found her Orbiter, it was abandoned and her landing craft was missing. Not long after, Cephalon Simaris offered to help them and build her a different Warframe after they find her.

After several months of searching, Simaris and Sybarin finally tracked her down... to a Derelict. Sybarin feared the worst when he learned of this.

Arriving at the Derelict, Praeton and the Sisters were hoping to find her in good health, but Sybarin, Tayla and Aya were afraid that she's lost herself in such a place already.

 In the Derelict, there were not only Infested, but hundreds of Kavats that attacked them. Pushing to the location where Simaris is tracking her, most of them were barely handling the resistance with the absurd health, movement and damage the Kavats have.

Upon reaching her location, most of them could barely aim straight, let alone even sprint and jump. But when they found her, Sybarin's worst fears were real.

The Khora Warframe Felin was using was no longer recognizable as the Warframe they knew. Instead, it looked like a beast of some sort. The way she attacked no longer had the grace and finesse of a Tenno, rather the savagery of an animal. When they tried to speak out to her, they were only met with a frenzy of attacks.

In one desperate move, Praeton stepped up to her and spoke out to her. Everyone thought it was going to work, but their hopes were immediately crushed when she drove her claws through his stomach.

Sybarin saw that she's no longer coming back and became the monster people wanted her to be. So when she wounded his teammate, he took the opportunity to drive his Exalted Blade through her chest, piercing her and the Warframe.

With that, the Kavat attacks finally stopped.

When Sybarin killed her, most of them were so injured that they couldn't stay awake. Only Sybarin, Aya and the Valkyr from the Sisters were able to stay standing.

Deciding to stay behind after getting everyone out to clear and destroy the Derelict, he searched the ship and retraced the Khora's last steps. And then in an empty room, hidden under a protective cover, was a sleeping baby girl.

A horrible dread fell over him as his suspicions during his observations of Khora during their fight proved him right.

Taking the girl, he destroyed the Derelict with Khora's remains in it. And arriving at Cetus, he left Felin's daughter in Saya's care, asking her to keep this hidden from everyone to avoid complications.

- - - - -

The eight of them were devastated at her death. But Sybarin knew she wasn't the cause of the catastrophes that started it all, he had drive and a sharp mind. He knew someone else started the attacks.

Working with Cephalon Simaris again, they investigate the situation. Both were unable to look into this will all the Kavat chaos keeping them from doing so earlier, but now Sybarin had the anger to find who framed Felin and make him pay.

After weeks of investigating, the two finally managed to find him. A rogue Corpus scientist that once worked under Alad V and researched on Kavats, created something that forced these animals to behave in such a way. His goal, was to break the Tenno's trust among each other and the settlements, starting with Felin's Khora.

When Sybarin found him, he was a spineless man, begging for mercy in front of the black Excalibur.

Upon arresting him, with Cephalon Simari's help, a universal broadcast was channeled and showed the solar system the one responsible for the Kavats' attack at the beginning.

When Sybarin decided to execute him, he handed him to the Gunslinger Sisters. As a Corpus scientist, he knows how pissed they are and what could happen to him. He knew that they were going to put him in misery to the point where he'd prefer to be dead.

After that, Sybarin and his team planted an Evergreen tree in a settlement in Earth in honor of Felin. She had a love for those trees.

A lot of people in the Origin Systen today don't think too much about it. But it was what made Praeton the Evergreen Oberon.