Girl Meets Semi-formal

John Quincy Adams Middle School: Hallway

"It's this weekend. Lucas hasn't asked me to the semi formal. We're Riley and Lucas, aren't we, guys?" Riley asked as her, Maya and Olivia walked to their lockers. 

"I don't know anymore." Maya tells her, "Just tell me what to say." 

"It's all over the front of my notebook." Riley showed the two her notebook. "Riley hears Lucas 4-Ever." 

"What's on the back of your notebook?" Maya asked.

Riley turned the notebook around, "Riley and Lucas, we're just friends." 

"Sweetie, what are you doing to yourself?" Olivia asked her niece. 

"Has Shane asked you to be his date, Aunt Liv? The two of you are chaperoning the dance." Riley turned to her Aunt.

"Riley, Shane and I are dating." Olivia chuckles, "Shane doesn't have to ask me to go to a middle school dance." 

"Uh, Liv, might want to look behind you." Maya pointed over the brunettes shoulder.

Olivia gave her a look if confusion before she turned around to find her boyfriend coming over to her with a bouquet of roses.

"Olivia Grace Matthews." Shane dramatically got down on one knee. 

"No!" Cory screamed coming out of nowhere. "She's too young!" 

Shane gave him a look, turning back to his girlfriend. "Will you do me the honors-," 

"No! She's too young!" 

"-of going to the semi-formal, meant for middle schoolers, with me?" Shane asked. 

"I'd love to, babe." Olivia giggled. 

Shane stood up and pecked her lips a few times before handing her the roses and wrapping his arms around her shoulders from behind. 

"It's this weekend, and Lucas hasn't asked me to the semi-formal." Riley says once more. 

"Told ya. You got a problem." Maya tells her best friend.