Chapter 3: Trust

"Alyssa, she's probably still sleeping," Duke warned.

"Sleeping? Are you kidding me?! This is the girl who trained with me from 3 in the morning to 11 o'clock at night. She doesn't do 'sleep'," a girl's voice informed. Temper knew the voice anywhere and continued to pull on her grey camo cargo pants that were issued to her last night. 

"Hey, if you miss the rigorous training you should've just said so. I would've come here sooner," Temper informed the brunette as she stepped out of her room.

"Temper!" Alyssa exclaimed enveloping her friend in a tight hug.

"Striker," Temper acknowledged, smiling at the girl who she considered a sister.

"How are you? I haven't seen you in forever. What have you been up to these past few years? I can't wait to get back on missions with you! Have you met the rest of the team?" Alyssa questioned, her mouth running a million miles an hour.

"Striker, Slow your role! Get any louder and you'll wake up the entire base."

"Oh, no fun," Alyssa whined. Duke came up behind her.

"We just came to see if you were awake," Duke told Temper.

"And Hawk told me to make sure that you're eating, sleeping, and going to your classes," Alyssa spoke up.

"Oh goody, a babysitter," Temper said sarcastically.

"You still haven't told me if you met the rest of the team," Alyssa complained, "or answered any of my other questions."

"Yes I've met the rest of the team."

"Do you like them?" Alyssa asked. Temper shared a look and she turned back to Alyssa.

"Not really."

"What do you mean?" It may be hard for her to understand, she always makes friends, wherever she goes.

"Well first I met Duke," Temper said, smiling back to the male. "Then Roadblock, he seems nice. Then I met Snake Eyes." Alyssa looked at her knowingly. The 'been there, done that' look. "Breaker wasn't too bad and neither was Ripcord. I can tell Heavy Duty is a little skeptical."

"And Scarlett?"

Temper grimaced, "She's too serious."

"You are too sometimes."

"Yeah, when I have to be... but I swear the girl has a pole up her-"

"Hey guys!" Ripcord interrupted, running up to the trio. He, Scarlett, and Heavy Duty came were walking a great distance behind them, before they caught up. "You walking to the mess hall too?"

"Well, yeah. I don't know about you guys, but I am starving!" Alyssa informed them. "What about you?" Alyssa asked, looking to Temper.

"You know me," Temper answered.

"Of course, the infamous pit known as your stomach," Alyssa teased.

"So exactly how well do you two know each other?" Ripcord asked.

Alyssa walked backwards in order to face him when she was talking and hooked her arm through Temper's so she would not run into a wall or anything else for that matter.

"Well, I first met her when I was a kid, I'm only about 4 months older than her and at the time I had been kidnapped. In a futile effort, I tried to order her to let me go and we ended up getting into a fist fight. She ended up barely winning-"

"More like I kicked your ass," Temper said, earning a elbow to her ribs that did not even cause her to wince.

"-and after a while she taught me how to be an expert marksmen. The Cobra Commander saw this and put the two of us on a mission. From there on out, we've been together ever since. Up until around... three years ago?"