Chapter 8: Zone-

Temper woke up alone in Snake Eyes' bed the next morning. She closed her eyes and relived the events of the day before, only opening them when she heard Snake Eyes enter the room and act like she wasn't there.

"I guess we're not up for talking?" she questioned. He looked at her for a long while, not one emotion registering on his face, then turned back to the security footage on the laptop.

"Is there any way that I could get in touch with Hawk?"

He held his hand up over his shoulder so she could see and signed, No.

"How come?"

I said no.

"Fine, dad. I'm taking a shower."

As she got up off the bed she saw him sign, Don't you have your own room, with your own shower? A sly smile crossed her lips.

"You're right, let me go over to the couples suite where Lucas probably is and take a shower in the enormous bathroom that has absolutely no locks. I mean, he could barge in at any time. What a great idea." She moved to the door but suddenly found two hands on her hips, a towel in her hands, and her body be surrounded by the four walls of the bathroom. She promptly shut the door and took a shower with the door unlocked, just to spite him.

When she exited she found clothes on the bed. Snake Eyes sat in front of the computer and kept his eyes on the screen. She quickly changed and came to stand next to him. When he didn't give her any attention, she took it; Temper straddled his lap and put her hands on his shoulders. "I need to speak to Hawk." He gave her a hard glare, she continued to look into his eyes, not wavering for a second.

Realizing he would eventually give her what she wanted he signed to her, He'll be checking in at 1200 hours.

Although she got what she wanted she didn't remove herself. Are you going to get off?

"No. We have much more to talk about than when Hawk is checking in."

This is not the time or the place.

"Really? So when is the time? Where is a better place than a room with no one else in it? We have hours to kill and a place to ourselves and you're saying this is not the time or the place?"

I'm saying that we are on a mission.

"And I am saying that for the past year we have hated each other, forcefully spent time together and when we started to actually enjoy each others company we somehow found ourselves with little time to ourselves until now and you're about to waste it." The words seemed to be shoved out of her mouth.

What do we do when we get back to the Pit? We are soldiers not civilians, the only relationships between males and females are camaraderie or sexual, neither of which we will be able to stand in their pure form.

"Then we find a median."

And what do you propose?

"I don't know, something. I just can't go back and act like nothing happened and nothing is going on." Nothing was said between them for some time. Temper got antsy and occasionally glanced at his lips. He watched her carefully, noticing every movement and where she looked which made him smirk. When she saw this a frown settled on her face and she dived in, kissing him. Things slowly but surely got more heated until they heard a knock on the door. Temper pulled away with the intention of expelling the distraction but Snake Eyes quickly lifted her up, put her where he sat, and went to answer the door while she caught her breath.

From her place she heard Lucas on the other side of the door, "I'm sorry for the interruption-" yeah right, she thought "-but I still have to keep up appearances with my supposed wife. So if you could please tell her I would like to eat lunch with her in the hotel restaurant that would be much appreciated." Snake Eyes shut the door and turned to her.

You know there is a reason why the relationships are either camaraderie or sexual. There is no in between.

"Do you really believe that?" she questioned, masking the pain she felt.

Yes.

"Which one do you think is best?"

It took a moment for him to decide, Camaraderie.