Chapter 7: Trust

"I mean c'mon, you totally have a thing for him!" Alyssa urged.

"No, I don't," Temper insisted. Alyssa gave her a pointed look.

"It's been a year since you've gotten here, and looking at the way you two interact? There certainly isn't nothing going on."

Temper flipped through a few more pages of the file in front of her then closed it entirely, not able to focus on anything in it.

"And if I told you I may feel something for him? What would you do then?" Temper asked.

"It isn't like it's bad thing Temper, it's normal to fall in love with someone who you're growing close to."

"It's not like I can just tell him everything and hope for the best Striker, it just doesn't work that way."

"Temper, not all men are like Jason, or Kurt, or your father. You just have to give Snake Eyes a chance." The two girls looked at each other for a long while before the man of interest came into the recreation room.

Hawk wants the both of us in his office, he informed her.

Temper gathered her belongings and Snake Eyes went to help her off the ground. Something that made Alyssa smirk and she tried to hide it as best she could.

Snake Eyes stopped Temper from walking any further when they got out of earshot from Alyssa. I want you to know that my apprentices are coming for a few weeks, he signed to her. They will be going on certain missions with the both of us.

"I'm sure you didn't stop me just for that," she replied.

He seemed to hesitate before signing again, I think it's best that you sleep in your room while they're here.

"Of course, I understand." Trying to mask the hurt in her voice could not have been any harder.

As they entered, Temper went to take a seat and Snake Eyes stood quietly behind her.

"So, what is it this time?" she asked. "Iran? China? Canada? Chile?"

"Vegas," Hawk stated.

"You enjoy tempting me, don't you?"

"Luckily for you, you get to explore your surroundings this time." Hawk suddenly turned serious, "As of now, everything is classified. For the books, both of you are taking personal leave. Temper, you're to give me an oral report when you get back. Overall this will only take a week, clothes will be provided for you. All I can tell you is that you are to meet a man named Lucas Sate. Temper, you're masquerading as his wife. Snake Eyes, you're their bodyguard. During the day and most nights you need to be presented as a normal, high class couple. At night, Temper, you and you alone, are to discuss with him, where the next Pit will be. It has become apparent that our location is becoming easier to find, after Cobra agents attacked and got away with the warheads. You are not to ask this man any questions, about his real name, his affiliations, nothing. And he is not to ask you any questions either. Doing so will result in consequences that I am not cleared to know about. Am I understood?"

"Yes, sir," Temper responded, Snake Eyes merely nodded.

"You will leave at 200 hours. Dismissed."

The pair left and went their separate ways, later coming together for Ace to take them in a private plane to their destination. From where Ace dropped them off they took a cab to another airport and boarded another private plane that took them to Las Vegas.

Temper was sound asleep when Snake Eyes snuck into the bathroom and changed out of his normal attire, donning a suit and tie. When he woke her up, she was startled to say the least. Partially because she's never seen his face and partially because she didn't expect him to look as great as he did.