Dear Sky

Dear sky,
Yesterday, In the middle of a dead night,
I woke up, stumbled through creaking stairs and went to the roof to gaze at you.

I laid myself as tenderly as possible on the rough floor like a fragile China doll and looked at you for a long, long time.

I wonder if you saw me too.

I counted stars as far as I could have craned my neck,
There were 8 to be exact.

I talked to you but you didn't reply, You never reply.

I called you out to swallow me,
I asked you to sing me a lullaby,
But when you didn't,
I stood up and walked over to the ledge,
I hope you saw me.

I looked down and I almost felt myself falling.
But the strangest thing happened, I saw myself on the ground.

My limbs resembled weakest twisted branches on the tree.

My head pivot on the left side, covered in blood.

It reminded me of the day when I rode my first bike, I paddled too fast and then laughed too hard causing me to clench my eyes shut.

My friends called out my name from a  distance but before I knew I was sprawled like a nasty creature in mud. Before I got up, I laughed again.

I laid there in that muddy pool, which around my head looked like a halo.

Just as blood looked like a halo around my head last night.

It looked wickedly beautiful, sky.

The only difference was, Covered in mud I was squirming and laughing
While covered in blood I was peaceful.

But then the worst happened,
I opened my eyes.

I looked above once again and you rumbled slightly as you were chuckling at my displeasure.

People say, you are complicated.

You carry millions of undiscovered secrets in you.

But I know, you are the simplest thing in my life.

You are just like me, You are shy and secretive and imaginative, even, when you build different stunning patterns from clouds.

People are complicated.

They can't discover you because you are too huge and they can't discover me because my emotions are too deep.

******
Hola peeps,
I hope you enjoyed this poem and if you love sky gazing like me, tell me what you will write in a letter to the sky. You can either comment or dm and I can publish some good letters in a different book. It will be not a competition and there will be no rules.

Just don't leave your thoughts 'unspoken'.

*
*
*
*
*
*
See what I did there!??

Like, Share and Comment ( *tries to come up with something witty but fails miserably*)

UNSPOKENजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें