10. Us

We had very blast dinner, the food were awesome, from look and the taste. There were five meal courses and nothing went wrong about them, lastly we had banana popcorn salted caramel as dessert.

Me and my hatred on fruit was convinced by this dessert for awhile.

He was kinda of funny and nice every time our food being served, asking me if I wanted to take picture of the food. They serve the food in beautiful and aesthetic display, but I wasn't kind of 'take a pic then eat' person. So I just shrugged it off and happily eat my food.

In the middle digging in our dessert, Dean's phone was ringing then he mouthed words 'sorry, I need to answer this call.' to me , which I replied with nodding my head to excuse him.

I thought he would get up from his seat, but he just stay there and answer his call.

"Hi?" He greeted whoever person on the phone whom I wanted to know, his voice was so soft and friendly.

I wonder if he talks like that to everyone, why I'm so jealous to everyone.

"No, no.. that's fine." He nodded, as if the person could see him, then his right hand back to hold the spoon and scooping ice cream.

"I'm with friend." his eyes twinkled as he smiled, made my stomach churn. His words giving me and the person whom he talked to.

A hint for me that he only see as a friend.
A hint for that person if it was she, I wasn't needed to be worried as a threat.

For some reason, this banana popcorn salted caramel wasn't tasteful anymore.

"Hahaha- no. What time?" He checked his watch before added, "Yeah, yeah.. sure. It settled then, okay."

Hmmm, whoever the person on the phone whom he talked to probably asking him if he was busy or something.

"That's fine, don't sweat it." He smiled, "see you later."

And the phone call ended, I decided to keep eating my dessert peacefully. Not wanting to be rude to pry any of his business even in fact I'm dying to know.

"My friend need help." He explained right away.

Am I that transparent?
Did I look not happy?
Did I glare at him unconsciously?

"You need to go now?" I guessed, slightly disappointed if he really needed to go.

"No, no." He shook his head, "Not now, we still can finish the dessert. It can wait." he gave me reassuring smile then back to enjoy his dessert.

"Okay." I nodded, not exactly convinced by his words. He probably nice enough to wait for me to finish eating then go.

I stared at my plate, don't know what to say keep the conversation interesting. My mind was in a mess thinking about the probability how me and Dean end this night, at that moment I hate being so insecure, over thinking and over analyzing. I know it will not bring me anywhere but I can't stop that habit easily.

He was so good looking and gentle, while I'm the other side was an ordinary and boring girl. I think I'm lucky enough that he still want to spend his time to eat with me, I was never be in his dream girl list. 

One day, back then he ever told me that he likes tall girl, with pretty long legs, has cute and innocent face which I don't have any on myself. I too, personally agree with his dream girl, now that I meet him in real life. He deserves the best.

"What's your plan tomorrow?" Dean's broke the silence. 

"Nothing, maybe just strolling around with Kyunghee if we feel to go out." I didn't really care what I will do for the next day, because me and Kyunghee will probably procrastinating, staying at the hotel, under the thick blanket, ordering food and watching movie. And I was hoping Dean would take me to second date.