14. Time Ticking

"You what?" My voice tone slightly rose.

"You heard me, I have to move to Canada due my job, but I'll definitely let it slip if you like me just like how I like you more than friend. Long distance relationship isn't my forte." He explained in frustration.

"But, why?" I could sense my voice get shaky, the more I think about it the more I find Seunghyun was being ridiculous.

"What?" He asked back as if I said something stupid.

"Why would you drop the opportunity to go abroad? Only for me?" Did he not realize that he's being unreasonable, how could he?

"What do you mean?"

"Seunghyun, you have bright future ahead. And you consider to drop it off if I wanted to be your girlfriend? Just because you can't bear the distance? Are you out of your mind?"

I didn't care if it sounded harsh, but I needed to get him back to his sense. He just can't let his life crumble only for me, for God sake!

"Seunghyun, even if we dated I still want you to go. To reach your dream, do you know how I feel when you actually drop this opportunity only for me? I feel ashamed of myself."  I stressed out in every words, channeling my frustration. 

"Charlie."

Nothing could be upset me more than the fact that how low Seunghyun think about me, that I will let him kill his dream. I'm not that selfish and self centered like that, I couldn't endure my anger little longer. I needed him to go before I regret what I would say.

"I don't want to discuss anything with you. You need to get back to your sense, I'm actually hate myself right now for making you considerate something reckless like that. Please go, Seunghyun."

I knew I wasn't handling it right, I was too emotional, maybe selfish too. But never once crossed in my head that Seunghyun can be so impulsive like that. I think I knew him, Seunghyun who was mature, kind and I respect him a lot. But once again the reality hit me, I didn't know him at all.

------

"Hey, you okay?" Harvey nudged me gently, I must be in dazed for quite long time. 

I was still holding an empty paper cup that should've filled with hot chocolate, but instead of doing it, I sat still on my seat at the hotel restaurant, letting my mind wander around about almost a month ago since my last encounter with Seunghyun,

After his sudden confession and dropping bomb session a month ago, while me being so upset because his ridiculous act, had no other choice other than demand him to leave. I haven't heard anything about him since then, except Dongwook's little information that Seunghyun left for good a week ago.

He probably got hurt by my choice of words, but I'm actually glad by the fact that he's off to Canada for better future of him.  I wish all the best that could possibly happen in his life. I really do.

"Yeah?" I quickly put my paper cup back on the table and gave Harvey an awkward smile, "Just little bit dizzy."

"Nunna, you make me worry more than the competition itself. You look like a puppy who just got hit." He said half joking. Harvey has always been sweet to me and the others, the one who smile a lot, and nice to everyone. He's kind of little brother that you would wish to never grow up because he's too cute and pure. 

"Indeed, poor puppy." Donghae came in the view, "and this is for a sick puppy." he put cup of drink on the table right in front of me, which was thankfully a hot chocolate.