16. Q and A

This is really happening, but definitely far from what I've ever imagined. Meeting Dean after several months is one of probabilities, but with his mom and three of us in car ride wasn't in the option.

I didn't have much thing to do except sit on the backseat which I almost lost the chance to occupy because his mom literally want me to sit on the front seat.

I gazed out to the window, avoiding look on the front because Dean's gaze could be seen from rear view mirror. He has no changed much at all from the appearance, except perhaps he got skinnier from his more noticeable jaw line. He still looks good as always and I need to stop looking at him by any means.

"Where do you live, Charlie?" Dean's mom broke the silence.

I glanced at rear view mirror which unfortunately Dean's eyes reflected, looking at me as well.

"I'm actually staying at hotel." I replied, knowing that I didn't have much choice left except telling the truth.  

"Is that so? Where is it? Are you in business trip? Is this your first time going to Seoul?" Dean's mom bombarded me bunch of questions.

I really wanted to answer all those questions, but Dean's presence wasn't helping at all. I didn't want him knows my whereabouts and it wasn't like he would care anyway. If only his mom knows how much uneasy feeling that I bear with, mixed feeling between upset and curious about her son as well. I shouldn't have come shopping groceries in the first place, I should've joined the other at the club. 

I'm starting to regret my own decision.

"Mom.." Dean warned, his voice sounded polite but firm at the same time. It could be has two meaning behind; 1. He noticed that I feel uncomfortable and 2. He didn't want me to tell his mom anything about myself.

Whatever it was I tried to not put my thoughts on it.

"Sorry, I'm just excited. Charlie is so nice to hang out with, she loves yogurt as much as I do, not like you who says yogurt taste like stale milk." I noticed how Dean's mom has bubbly personality in comparison with Dean who looks like he always mad and have something to grumble about.

"It does." he replied right away, I'm one hundred percent he rolled his eyes as he said that then added, "Mom, not everyone loves yogurt."

Right, he doesn't like yogurt. it doesn't suit his taste, he likes milk better. And why on earth I still remember it, seriously?!

"It's fermented, FYI." of course as expected, Lilia wouldn't lose easily. I like her!

"But--" he looked like he wanted to diss the yogurt furthermore, purposely to annoy his mom. But his mom quickly raise her finger, telling him to get lost.

"Ssssh, stop talking. I want to talk with Charlie." His mom was really something else, it must be fun to hang out with her as well. "What hotel do you stay at? Also, please answer all my questions before." she said half joking but I felt like I need to obey her anyway.

"Lotte Hotel, I'm staying at Lotte Hotel." 

"Ah, it's close to our house! We can meet each other often." She exclaimed eagerly and I didn't know what to do. This ride was super awkward and burdensome for me, but for my own sake I wouldn't let myself break down at least not in front of them.

"And I'm here for doodle competition." I added, it has been only 5 minutes ride started but it seemed longer than that.

"That famous competition? They literally out and advertise it everywhere, you join the competition?" She was in awe, "You can draw, so talented!"