Chapter 5

Dani's POV

After spending some time with Fin shopping I had to go back home. I am so lucky he didn't question me any further, though knowing Fin he will never forget last night. Thankfully he was asleep when I got back otherwise I would've been in for a beating. After what feels like hours of tossing and turning I finally fell asleep.

"Dani, you bitch wake the fuck up!! Breakfast, it's not too much to ask for now is it?" He shouts from downstairs. I quickly get changed and practically run down the stairs to the kitchen. As soon as I put the meal down in front of him he slaps me across the face. Before I can run he grabs a fist full of my hair and bangs my head against the couch though I think he was aiming for the counter top. "Looks like somebody is going to be a little late to school today."

Just as I'm about to shout back his grip on my hair increases "What the FUCK did I tell you about inviting people over, huh?" He punches me in the stomach "what!?"

"n...n-not to invite a-a-anyone o-over," I splutter, my body practically shaking in fear. Suddenly he grabs the nearest weapon he can find which happens to be a butter knife and stabs it into my arm. The pain becomes to much to tolerate and I fight to yank the knife out but his big hands but grabs my arms and coils around them like a snake. "What is it going to take for my rules to stay in the useless brain of yours,"

He pulls the knife out and blood immediately stats spurting out of it. He looks over at my blood in disgust as if my pain is just gross to him. I try to stand up to run away, to do anything but he doesn't release his grip on me. "please" I beg but it falls on deaf ears and he slams his fist into my head. Black spots dance across my vision and I feel my brain throbbing in pain.

"That'll teach you," He mutters under his breath, satisfied with the damage he has caused. I see his blurry figure walk out the front door, leaving me laying on the floor about to faint. A take a deep breath and try to lift myself off the floor but instead black out.

. . .

I wake up who knows how many hours later my head pounding in pain. Slowly I make my way to my room. I walk into the bathroom and see this brain dead zombie staring back at me. My face is pale, the bags under my eyes are almost bruises and there is a massive lump on the right side of my head.

I gingerly reach up my hand to touch it and hiss in pain when it makes contact. Head injury, that's new, I think bitterly as I open a fist aid kit. There is dried blood all over my arm but thankfully the cut doesn't look infected. I clean it up stopping every few seconds when my head shrieks in pain. I then go downstairs and wipe my blood off the floor.

I grab an icepack out of the fridge and gently lean my head onto it. My body shivers in agony. Shit. School. I look at the clock it's 2:30, no chance I can go now. Fin and Izzy must be worried sick. Shit Fin and Izzy. I run, well walk to my room and pull out my phone.

24 missed calls from Fin.

17 missed calls from Izzy.

Not only that but my messages I filled with are you okay, where are you? I quickly text them back.

D- Hey guys, I woke up with a crazy bad headache so I took the day off. I slept in all morning so I didn't see your text till now.

Almost instantly they both reply.

F- thank God ur okay. Is ur headache still there?

I- U scared us both to death!!!!!!

D- it's not as bad as it was this morning, but I'll live.

F- dad or not were coming over tonight

Shit. How do I get myself out of this one? If I say no Fin will know somethings up but what if Alan comes home early? It's Monday, I doubt he will. Looks like I'll take my chances.