Chapter 11

Alex's POV

"Dani," I call out as her eyes flutter closed. What was that? Why did she just freeze? I quickly catch her in my arms before she hits the floor. Why did she just pass out? I can feel anger burning up inside of me but I do my best to push it away. I haven't had an episode in a while and I intend to keep it that way especially around Dani.

Luckily the car is close by so I am able to carry her and lay her down in the backseat. Once I'm sure she is comfortable I call Fin.

"Hello, who is this?" I hear Fin answer; he probably didn't recognize the number.

"It's Alex, something happened with Dani," I say unsure of how to start still trying not to lose my temper.

"Something... what happened? Is she okay?" he responds immediately.

"She zoned out for a bit and then she just passed out. But she was weird before it, I don't know how to explain it. Are you or Morgan home?"

"Yeah we're both home, I have no idea why she did that but tell us the rest when you get home,"

I nod in agreement and then realize he can't see me, "yea see you then". I drive back to their house checking on Dani's motionless body at every traffic light nervously. My hands are gripping the wheel so tightly that my knuckles are turning white. Calm down,I tell myself, taking in deep breaths but I still feel the anger burning in the pit of my stomach, threatening to take over.

As I park in the driveway I see both Fin and Morgan instantly pile out of the house. Wordlessly I nod over to the backseat and open the door to carry Dani back into the house. Her small fragile looking body remains unconscious worrying us even more. I lay her out on the coach, softly putting a blanket over her. Despite the hot weather her body temperature is freezing.

"I just got a text from Izzy, I'm calling her over?" asks Fin as he looks my way and I nod. Whatever happened to Dani will affect her to.

"What happened?" Morgan asks worriedly.

I explain everything to them. Her zoning out and then not replying to me. The way I saw her body visibly shake when I went to comfort her. How I accidently squeezed on her arm to tight which somehow lead to her fainting.

"Why would she just..." Fin trails off, I can tell he's worried to as he looks at her with a pained expression. He always was protective of her I'm surprised they still haven't got together.

Izzy arrives moments later as we explain the situation to her, as well as her welcoming me back though that is the least of our concerns now. We put on a movie though I can tell no ones paying attention.

About half an hour in I hear Dani groan softly. She then suddenly sits up clutching her head in pain. I suddenly remember that painful bruise on her head the last time I saw her and almost whimper as I see her in pain. Fin seems to catch on and rushes to the kitchen to fetch her an icepack. Dani finally opens her eyes looking confused as she sees all four of us looking down at her with wide eyes. "What happened?" she whispers and it breaks me heart to see her look so broken.

"You fainted Dani when you were with Alex. Do you know why?" Fin asks her calmly and she nods her head. She hesitates before answering "I barely slept last night maybe it was just from lack of sleep," she offers but I shake my head no longer able to supress my anger.

"Dani what the hell happened?! No one just freezes the way you did. No one suddenly goes mute like that. And no one just randomly passes out from lack of sleep. So. What. Happened?" I spit each word out venomously no longer able to think straight. When she stares back at me blankly I shout "WHAT HAPPENED?!?!".

Fin's POV

All of us are shocked at Alex's sudden burst of anger. But Dani is the most. She backs away till her back is flush with the couch. When Alex repeats his question Dani flinches shutting her eyes tightly. As much as I love Alex seeing him scream at the girl I loved snapped something inside me.

I stood up in front of her and looked Alex dead in the eye. I took in a deep breath making the sentence in my head as nice as I could not wanting to upset a guy I already knew had and possibly still has serious anger issues. "Back off man, give her a second to think. Your scaring her".

I saw his eyes flicker with anger once more before it was gone and Alex looks down shamefully, seeming to have controlled his temper. I direct my attention back to Dani to see Izzy comforting her by squeezing her hand gently and asking her if she's okay. She nods still seeming scared of Alex.

"I'm fine, I really don't know why I just..." she holds her head in her heads once again as if someone just hit her over the head with a metal bat. I hold up the icepack for her gently pressing it against her head.

"I'll get you some painkillers," mutters Izzy as she walks towards the kitchen, Morgan following suit. Leaving me, Dani and Alex alone.

"Sorry I don't know why... I just feel really.... Umm," for the first time since she woke up I study her face. While still looking beautiful as always I can see deep bags under her eyes.

"I'm sorry Dani for shouting, I didn't mean to. I don't know what came over me I try to control it but sometimes it just," Dani cuts him off whispering "that's okay".

Morgan and Izzy come back with some painkillers which Dani thankfully takes. We continue watching the movie, no one saying anything about the incident that happened before. Dani eventually passes out again, her head laying on my shoulder.

I internally smile at the thought of holding her in my arms. I'll tell her on a day she can enjoy it.

My mind keeps reeling back to her weird behaviour recently. Her scared face when I had snuck into her house and her dad had shouted at her. How in pain she looked when she was crying alone in the park. Her unconscious body that Alex brought in after she had fainted. The look of horror on her face when she was startled by Alex's outburst.

I try to taking my mind off it and focus on the feeling of warmth spreading through me as her small head lays on my shoulder. For only the second time this night I smile at the beautiful girl laying asleep next to me.