Chapter 9

Fin's POV

So Alex is back. I can't believe he was at a nut house this whole time. Though I'm still so bloody pissed at Dani, I missed Alex too. He was like the brother I always wanted, instead I got stuck with Morgan.

Right now I'm in my room just laying on my bed staring at the ceiling. To angry to sleep. I still can't believe Dani would lie to me like that. It took everything in me to not talk to her at school today. I'll forgive her but only when she tells me the truth and all of it.

I hear hushed whispers coming from outside my room door.

"No not yet from what I can tell they had a fight or something," I hear Morgan's voice.

"Yea Dani told me about it," Are they talking about Dani and me?

"It seems really bad though Fin's never been this angry at her, his pretty much never been angry at her period," I hear Morgan explain.

"Wonder what it's about, Dani told me she didn't know why he's angry," How would Dani not know that she was fucking Edgar in private. She couldn't tell us that much seriously?

Still not able to sleep I changed into a pair track pants and went out for a midnight jog. To help clear my mind. With my music blasting in my ears I left the house breathing in the fresh air. After a couple minutes of jogging I noticed a girl.

She was alone and she was crying. Her muffled cries the only sound in the dead of the night. She was sitting on a park bench overlooking the dirty river of Hillview. I didn't notice myself walking but before I knew it I was standing in front of the girl.

"Want some company?" I asked knowing that saying are you okay would be no help at all. Her head snapped up at my voice. Her curly brown hair was sticking up in random places, her cheeks stained with tears and her energetic brown eyes were filled with tears.

All of a sudden I didn't care about how angry I was at her before all I needed to know was if she was alright. "Dani," I said softly drawing small circles on her back with her finger. I felt her skin tense under my touch but soon it relaxed almost leaning into it.

"thought you were angry at me," she mutters her tears less but still pouring down her face.

"Stuff that I can be angry tomorrow what I'm more worried about is the fact that your sitting at a park at midnight crying," I search her eyes for the answer and only then do I notice a big bump on the side of her head. I go to touch it but she grabs my arm in mid air.

"don't it hurts so bad," she says still whispering as if someone will hear us when in fact we are alone.

"What happened Dani?" I ask seriously not wanting to hear another lie.

"I... uh it was.... The morning... tripped.... Fell," she stutters. She clears her throat and says "I was late for school so I ran down the stairs and fell. A couple days ago the doctor game the all clear but it still hurts," she whimpers clutching her head, probably feeling a wave of pain pass through it.

I hold her small hand in mind and squeeze it gently. We stay there in a comfortable silence for a bit before I have to ask "Why didn't you tell me?" she freezes.

"Tell you what exactly?" How does she still not know?

"About you and Edgar,"

Dani's POV

About me and Edgar? What does he know because if Fin knew what Edgar really did then he wouldn't be this calm about it? "that we are..." I ask hoping he will answer because I am so confused right now.

He takes in a shaky breath before looking at me awkwardly and saying "Oh for fuck's sake Dani you know what. Fucking him, shagging him, probably worse," Fin almost never swears except when he's really angry. Well what can I tell him? Think Dani, think.

"What do you think we did?" I ask buying me some time.

"I saw him come out of your room that night Dani. Edgar told me you wanted to keep it a secret," Edgar told him what?

I want nothing more than to tell Fin the whole truth but instead I say: "We didn't do anything I swear. I was tired and my head was killing me. I fell asleep when he went to get drinks. I woke up a couple hours later and he left a note saying that we can work on it another time. I... we.... Would...never.... You know..." I hope he believes me, damn Edgar the sly bastard.

"You never?" he asks seriously, his green eyes wide.

"never," I say firmly staring him right in the eyes.

"Then why would he say that?" I shrug my shoulders in response inwardly wincing as I feel a cut in my shoulder sting. I suddenly feel light headed. I want to scream as another wave of pain goes over my head, and so I do loudly. I clutch my head in my hands feeling tears stream down my cheeks. "Dani, dani?" I hear my name but the voice sounds far away. I focus on sobering through the pain knowing that I can't pas out or they'll send me to the hospital.

"I'm fi.." I try to say but Fin immediately cuts me off "no you're not fine Dani. Let me walk you home or do you want to stay over at my place tonight?" Like that will ever happen.

"C-can you walk me h-home?" I whisper as my head begins to throb even more.

"Of course," replies Fin as he helps me stand. He mutters something about Edgar under his breath but I couldn't catch it. He holds my hand tightly the whole way to my house, asking me if I'm okay every now and then. Though my head is pounding and my instincts are telling me to yank his arm away, I make it the whole way.

"Thanks Fin," I say as we near my house. We say our goodbyes before I go back in to see the Alan waiting by the door, beer bottle in hand. I'm fucked.