Chapter 14

Dani's POV

I watched in horror as Fin's blacked out, his body going limp as it fell back on the couch. I barely noticed the sound of the front door opening, focusing more so on trying not to pass out myself. His face was still a mess especially his left eye which was swollen shut, his knuckles so bruised that his skin tone was barely visible through the layers of black and blue covering it. "Shit, Dani what happened?" I looked to my left to see Morgan and Alex, who had just come home, looking down at Fin with the same look of fear on their faces that I had only moments before.

"I-I don't know, h-he passed out just b-before..." I trailed off, my mind a mess of thoughts about what happened. Despite the silence in the room and the pounding of my heart, with shaky hands I slowly began to work on Fin's face and soon enough both boys joined in. Morgan holding an icepack to his brothers head still shaken up by Fin's crumpled state. Alex on the other hand remained calm occasionally asking if I needed any help but otherwise silent. Izzy was the one to break the silence with an ear piercing scream when she saw Fin, still unconscious, lying on the couch. After the same brief and stuttered explanation I gave Morgan and Alex, Izzy was calm again.

And now it was a waiting game, I could tell that everyone was getting restless but none of us had the heart to force him awake. All we could do was gaze helplessly at his limp body and hope for the best. Is this how worried they felt about me last week? I can't help but wonder.

Fin's POV

I let out a groan as I feel my body shrieking in pain. I hear voices around me that are all extremely muffled, some of them more than others. I make no attempt to wake myself up further until I hear that angelic voice I fell for, "Fin." I force my eyes open noticing how my face feels both numb and painful at the same time.

"Oh thank god you're awake," I hear Morgan's worried voice coming somewhere from my right. My eyes wonder around aimlessly until they land on Dani, who is sitting beside me, tracing circles onto my hand softly. Her touch calms me and for a second I forget about the pain completely. "What the fuck happened?!?" Morgan's voice breaks me out of my trance as my eyes shoot over to him.

"Calm down, he just woke up," I hear Dani try to reason with him but Morgan isn't having any of it.

"No I didn't just spend the last hour scared shitless just so I could wait some more," his voice is cold and emotionless. He rambles on about how stressed he felt but I can barely make out what he's saying.

I do my best to clear my mind trying to form a clear sentence from a sea of confusing ones. "It was my fault," I blurt out as all four heads turn my way instantly. "I ran into Edgar" I begin slowly feeling Dani's hand tense at the mention of his name. I give it a squeeze as a continue "he said somethings about Dani and plus what he already did that made me uhhh it made me lose it," Lose it? Fin you went completely mental on the bastard.

It's quiet for a bit as there all process what I just told them. "You mean bashed the shit out of him for Dani?" Izzy questions sharing a smirk with Morgan, probably about the secret bet.

I go to nod my head but stop as I feel my face almost explode in pain. I barely notice the sound of someone rushing into the kitchen since all my focus is on my body. "Shit, were out of Panadol," I want to argue that I'll be fine but the only sounds that come out of my mouth are moans of pain. "and that was the last ice-pack," great, just great. The one time I need it were out. What kind of luck...

"Fin, they'll be back soon. Just focus on my voice for now," in an instant my eyes flick to hers. Her big brown eyes watching me carefully. I look around the room quickly noticing that the others aren't there, they all probably went to the pharmacy together.

Her grip on my hand loosens as she goes to tuck a strand of her untamed hair behind her ears, a nervous habit she's had since we were kids. "Y-you didn't have to do that," she whispers nervously.

"He deserved it, not only for what he lied about but the shit he said about you makes me wish I would've done more to him," I say honestly.

"I won't argue with that," she mumbles as she begins to trace circles on my hand again. I smile at the beautiful girl next to me. Before I can react Dani's arm surround me as she buries her face into my shoulder. She's never been one for hugs,but I could stay like this forever. "Thank you, Fin" her voice is clear now, stronger.

My arms are aching way too much to return the hug so I bend my head slightly and kiss the top of her head. "Anything for you Dani."

We spend the rest of the afternoon watching movies and ordering pizza. Despite the throbbing of my face that has yet to go away, this has to have been the most fun I've had in a long time. Before I know it I'm waving goodbye to Izzy and Dani feeling fatigue wash over me for the second time today.

"Fin, thank you," I'm surprised to hear Alex as he walks into my room. "I know I haven't been around but I'm so grateful she has someone like you with her," his words are sincere and warm my heart. Alex has never been one to easily show his affection so it really does mean a lot.

As I go to sleep desperately trying to ignore my bodies cries I can't help but smile. Smile at the thought of Dani, her support, her kindness. I go to sleep dreaming of the day that I can truly call her mine.