Chapter 1

Years ago...

It was my fifteenth birthday. I was so excited for this day, excited for my family and friends to show up and most of all my best friend, Dakota. He is my favorite person in the world. Dakota looked a little old for his age but he was the same exact age as me. It's funny because it's not just my birthday today, it's Dakota's too! That's one of the main reasons why I was excited for him to show up.
People were showing up and having a good time. Dakota was taking a while and all I was doing was looking out of the window waiting for him. It's been about half an hour since I texted him. He told me that he was on his way but still no sign of him until his parents' car pulled up. I jumped in excitement like a little girl would and ran outside. When Dakota got out of the car I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"Hey

"Hey." He said chuckling.
"Hey!" I said enthusiastically, "You took a million years!" I said.
"You know how important my appearance is to me." I rolled my eyes at him. We both laughed I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside.
We played a bunch of games and laughed with each other. They sang happy birthday to Dakota and I, we opened our gifts and it was simply one of the best days ever!

...

It was getting late everyone was leaving and Dakota asked to sleep over. His parents and mine agreed with it so we were now on my room. My parents told us to go to bed I bet they're asleep by now.
"So what do you want to do?" Dakota asked coming out of the bathroom with wet hair.
"That was quick." I stated.
"What? The shower?" He asked lifting an eyebrow.
"Yes, the shower." He chuckled and looked down to the floor shaking his head and then looking straight back up to me.
"Are you tired?" He asked curiously.
"Not really." I answered.
"Let's do something." He said coming up to me and sitting down beside me at the corner of the bed.
"Like what?" I asked nervously.
If there is something you should know is that I have had this ginormous crush on my best friend. I've should have mentioned this before but I didn't.
He looked straight into my eyes. He was so handsome I was dying inside. He came closer to me and cupped my cheek. Then without a warning his lips were touching mine. Was this happening? I've never been in a situation like this. My heart was pounding a million times a minute. This was my first kiss and it was good. He pulled away to know what my reaction was like. I was speechless, I didn't know what to say or do at this point. Did he just do that?
"What was that for?" I asked finally breaking the silence.
"I don't know," he said, "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that." He said getting red.
"It's okay. I liked it." I said shaking I didn't want to say something embarrassing.
"Really?" He asked surprised.
"Yeah really. I'm going to be honest with you..I've had a crush on you since 1st grade." A smile creeped on his face. I felt my cheeks getting hot.
"That's a long time. I've liked you since 5th." He said shyly. I couldn't help but smile because this is really happening and not in my dreams. It got a little quiet now, he got closer to me again. His lips were again on mine, he pushed me down onto the bed gently.
"You comfortable doing this?" He asked.
"Are we really going to do this?" I asked.
"If you want to." He whispered. I nodded he proceeded.
This was the night that I lost my virginity to my best friend.

Next day..

We were still asleep until we heard the door open. My mom gasped in fear. "What the hell is this?!" We both woke up startled.
"Mom?" I asked.
"What is this Luna?!" My mom asked with wide eyes. I looked over to Dakota and he was just as frozen as I. "Both of you get dressed now! And you young man I'm calling your parents!" She slammed the door making us both flinch.
We got dressed and stayed in my room we were both too scared to go downstairs.
When his parents got here they were pissed as hell. Dakota and I sat in the living room while our parents had a chat. We can hear them talking.
"I'm sending my kid away to a school where they will teach him not to do shit like this! And as for you, your daughter and my son can no longer be friends or even acquaintances! You hear me?!" Dakota's mom was probably being heard all over the neighborhood because of how loud she was. My heart felt pain. I was losing my best friend. I looked over to Dakota. He looked so sad, he caught me looking at him. His eyes got glossy, "This is a nightmare. Tell me it is Luna." He said. I began crying with him and put my hand over his.
"I'm going to miss you bestie." I said beginning to cry.
"We can write letters to each other." He said. I nodded and agreed. I laid my head down on his shoulder. We heard footsteps coming towards us. The yelling stopped, we both turned over to Dakota's parents who were furious.
"Dakota get your ass in the fucking car now!" His father said. Dakota got up and gave me a hug goodbye. I didn't want him to walk out that door but when he did he took my heart with him making me feel nothing but pain.
When the door shut and they left I tried walking upstairs but my parents stopped me.
"Where do you think you're going young lady?!" My dad yelled.
"Upstairs! What does it look like?!" I've never had a good relationship with my father because he drank too much.
"Get back down here!" He yelled.
"Why so you can hit me again?! I'm surprised you're sober right now and not intoxicated like usual!" His expression turned dark.
"Don't try me young lady!" My mom stepped in.
"Alec..calm down." My mom said calmly. Then I saw something I never wanted to see ever again since I was younger. My mother was on the floor holding her stinging cheek.
I ran upstairs crying. I couldn't live like this. How could I? I lost my best friend, saw that and probably lost my freedom in a single day.

Plz comment and vote! Thnx!! 😍💙