{4} Video Store Disaster

***

***

Malina sat in the backseat of the car with Lydia driving and Jackson in the passenger seat. To say that she was bored was an understatement. Jackson had to be one of the most normal people that she had ever met. Malina was the type to make friends with people who were not normal, or at least not entirely. It was mostly because of her childhood. She had been surrounded by things that weren't normal so anything mostly normal was weird to her.

The three of them decided to hang out together tonight... Well, not everyone decided. Malina was going to stay home and just watch some episodes of her TV shows that she hadn't finished. Lydia showed up at her house in the middle of an episode of Sherlock and dragged her out. Her mom didn't even try to stop her. Only laughed and told her to have fun. Yep... That was her mom, all right.

"Now, Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever. It is the best sports movie ever made." Jackson told his girlfriend as they pulled up to the video store. They were here because Lydia wanted to watch The Notebook for the millionth time. It was a good movie the first couple of times they watched it, but watching it so much put Malina off of it for a long time.

Lydia shook her head, "No."

"It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper," Jackson added.

"No," Lydia said again.

"Lydia, I swear to God you're gonna like it." Jackson insisted.

"No." Lydia denied.

Jackson's voice rose, "I am not watching The Notebook again." Lydia gave him a look. Malina wanted to laugh at the confrontation going on in front of her. Lydia would always get her way and the fact that Jackson thinks that he can change her mind is hilarious. Jackson finally gave in and got out of the car, walking into the video store.

Malina leaned forward so she was leaning against the center console in front of her, "You love to torture him, don't you?" Lydia smirked. Malina laughed at her friend, "Okay, but seriously? Do we always need to hang out with your boyfriend? I say that we ditch him," Every time the girls wanted to hang out, Jackson was almost always there. It was kind of suffocating, to be honest. Before Lydia could say anything, something jumped out of the video store window... And it definitely wasn't human. It was like a large, wolf monster. Malina's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. Lydia screamed as it ran past them, "What the hell was that?"

It wasn't until later that the police and paramedics had shown up. Malina was sitting with Lydia in the back of an ambulance. Lydia had her head on Malina's shoulder who just seemed to be deep in thought. Jackson stood near them. Malina had no idea what that thing was. It looked familiar though. It wasn't human... Maybe she could check out the book to see if there was anything similar in there.