{6} School Night Horror

***

***

It was a normal, aggravating time with Lydia and Jackson. Malina was fine with it being just her and Lydia like it used to be, but it just seems like she's been a third wheel lately. Lydia's always wanting to hang out with Jackson. She doesn't see why she stays with him. She deserves so much more than him. She just doesn't want her to get hurt, she's her best friend. She always wants the best for her.

Anyways, the three of them were hanging out. Jackson was talking about lacrosse, as usual. Lydia was basically tuning the guy out and was more focused on her phone. Malina could see over the girl's shoulder to see her texting Allison. Apparently, Scott was supposed to go out with her tonight, but he was late. Malina scrunched her eyebrows together, that wasn't like Scott.

Lydia cut off Jackson's rant about whatever he was talking about at this point, "Take this and call Allison." She thrust the phone into his hands that was on Allison's contact information.

Jackson looked at her in confusion, "But I was talking."

Malina patted his shoulder, "Yeah, well, now you're not. Call." He sighed and did so. Lydia drove the car to Allison's house, most likely.

While it was ringing, Jackson asked, "Where are we even going?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Lydia inquired. Jackson still had the confused look on his face, "To pick up Allison."

Jackson put the phone on speaker so they could all hear. He brought the phone to where they could all access it. Allison picked up and he said, "Lydia says we're coming to get you."

Allison sighed, "Please don't. Okay? I'm sure he's on his way. He's only..," Allison hesitated and Malina could only guess that she was checking the time, "Twenty-six minutes late."

Lydia looked back at the brunette in the back seat, "You hear that? First, it's, 'He's only twenty-six minutes late,' A month later, it's, 'He only hits me when he's drunk.'"

Malina sighed, "Lydia. He's not like that."

Lydia only ignored her and spoke to Allison, "Slippery slope, Allison. Slippery slope."

"We're picking you up," Jackson told her. Allison told them no, but it was already too late. They had already made their way to her, "Too late," They pulled up near her. She hung up the phone and walked over to the car. Jackson rolled down his window so he could talk with her, "Lydia gets what Lydia wants. Come on, get in. We can stop by his place and see if he's there."

Malina leaned forward so Allison could see her, "I'd just get in. Lydia will just keep annoying you if you don-" Malina cut herself off when she was elbowed by the strawberry blonde. She whipped her head around to look at her, "Okay, you know that I'm telling the truth." Lydia did that to her a lot. Malina wasn't a party person, but Lydia would still invite her to parties. Every time she said no, Lydia would just annoy her nonstop. She annoyed her for a week and a half once. She ended up showing up at her house and making her come with her on the day of the party.