Part 12

I sat against the end of the bed for hours, wishing tom would come back and pick me up and hold me in his arms, but at this point that was something very far out of reach. I cried and sobbed, I know it's stupid because I haven't known him very long but I couldn't help but feel like an idiot for not telling him and like an even bigger idiot for letting such a wonderful caring man walk out of my life. I could tell I had genuinely hurt him and I felt so bad. He was the kind of guy you couldn't hurt because of how nice he is.
Time passed, I'd put on the tv and sobbed to myself on the bed. I opened a bag of popcorn from the snack bar and just ate my feelings. I was about to order another one until there was a knock on the door.
'Who is it?' I said sadly.
'Me' a voice said. I knew it was tom's. I could hear the hurt in his voice and it really broke my heart. I opened the door and he stood there towering over me. Puffy eyes, messy hair and a sad smile spread across his face.
'Tom I-'
'No it's ok' he said. 'I'll give you a chance to explain it, but no lying'
'I promise' I replied. He smiled and we just stared at each other, neither of us could bare to see the other one sad. He pulled me into his  chest and just hugged me. His warmth and fuzziness was just what I needed.
'Ok, I'll explain now' I said while pulling away from his chest. We sat on the bed and I couldn't make eye contact with him so I just stared forward. 'Well as I told you I ran away to live with Tyrone when I was 19 and I haven't see my family since. That part was true. In fact, everything I've told you is true apart from the fact we broke up. So things were great at first it was a stable relationship in a stable flat but then things changed' I paused.
'What happened?'
'Tyrone became controlling. He'd stopped letting me go out which cut me off from my friends, he's take every last penny I earned for himself and he started to deal'
'Drugs?'
'Mhm'
'Anything else' he could tell that's wasn't it by my nervousness.
'H-he abused me. He raped he he hit me and h-he hurt me a lot: I couldn't get out of it, he wouldn't let me, so I just lived a sad life in my sad little flat knowing he was cheating on me as well. He's despicable tom.' He sat there in shock.
'O-oh my god y/n, I-I'm so sorry'
'It's ok tom, it's not your fault'
'So how did you end up here?'
'Well, I got fed up. I took all his drug money out of his safe, hence why I'm rich, and ran for it. I have no stable plan, no place to call home and I don't know where I'll end up but I have to keep running.'
'So why can't we stop him or go to the police?'
'Tyrone has drug carriers all over London, each of them armed each of them unafraid to shoot, stab or kill. It's be a death wish' I said leaving tom agitated.
'Plus I stole the money'
'Oh yeah' he said.
'Well look y/n, if we stay here he knows where we are so we need to leave'
'We?'
'Yes we, I'm not leaving you and I believe you y/n.' I smiled, he was such a wonderful man that I'd definitely didn't deserve. 'And as I said before, leaving you knowing you could be in danger or worse dead, is something I couldn't do.'
'Ok so where do we go?'
'Let me see' he sat properly on the bed and opened up my laptop. He patted the bed beside him inferring I should sit there so I did. I leaned on his shoulder and he put his arm around me, kissing my forehead a couple times. 'Perfect' he said a couple minutes later. I wasn't paying attention as I was playing with his hands as they held mine and looking at his perfect face.
'H-Hawaii?!' I said.
'Yes think about it, we'll be very far from here and Tyrone wouldn't think to look there would he? And it's not like he could he's not got the money'
'O-ok'
'Great let's pack!' He enthusiastically fling himself off the bed to pack all his stuff and then mine.
'Tom I can pack my own stuff'
'Yeah but I'd like to'
'Tom I swear to god if you are doing this to find my-'
'Found it!' He said.
'Tom don-'
'Ooooo just as I expected'
'Tom! Put my bloody bra down' I laughed and so did he.
'Ok ok I was only joking.' He packed the rest of my stuff then put the suitcase upright.
'Don't you have to shoot a movie or something.
'I have a free 2 months before I'm back shooting spider-man sooooo, no' he smiled.
'Now come on, off we pop' he said.