Scandal

Jihyun regretted what she has said. Not a second went by when Jihyun was constantly finding a way to apologize. Who was she kidding, if Twice never adopted her, she would have gone in and out of foster homes or she would be a forgotten child in the corner of an orphanage that no one wanted. Jihyun sighed, sat up from her bed and walked out of her room. She hasn't left the room since the little incident with her umma. The dorm however was quiet like usual, but she wasn't going to wait around the house for the next moment for them to walk into the house.

Despite the high risk of having to meet with the crowd and paparazzi, Jihyun grabbed her leather jacket —well it was Jihyo's that she barrowed and never gave back— grabbed her keys and grabbed her phone and headed towards where ever Twice's fansite was at the moment. Unfortuanely she should've thought it through cause now she was being escorted out of the venue and towards a jail cell.

"Wait I can prove to you that I am their daughter!"

"We get that a lot, Twice said that their daughter never goes to their events."

Jihyun glared so hard that the security guard had to turn away in fear. At the sight of the security guy that turned away, Jihyun smiled to herself.

"Yah, where are you taking her?"

"She claims to be Twice's daughter and is probably an anti-fan so we are just taking care of her."

"Oh please if I was an anti-fan I would have done something already."

"Let her go," the security lady demanded.

"But sh-" The man couldn't do anything as his superior stared him down.

"Thank you unnie," Jihyun smiled.

The head security guard didn't answer as she turned away towards the back entrance as Jihyun followed. As she was lead towards Twice's waiting room, the stares and silence made the younger Ji uncomfortable. She has forgotten about all the stares, isolation and judgement she felt behind stage. Jihyun fidgeted her hands together and looked at the screen to see what Twice were doing, like always Jihyo chased around more than one of her kids.

When the event was over the Twice girls greeted their daughter, well all but God Jihyo she was still angry. Jihyun greeted Jihyo and pulled her out of the dressing room to have a private talk with her mom.  Jihyo, still angry, kept her arms crossed and her glance towards the postered wall of Twice's comeback at the time.

"Umma I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything, but I'm mainly sorry for wishing you never adopted me. I know now that that was selfish. You and Twice ummas have been nothing but kind and caring to me. And I'm sure I would've turned out a lot worse if it weren't for you."

Jihyo continued to ignore the younger Park. Jihyun on the other hand couldn't handle her favorite mother hating her so she kneeled on the ground, bowed till her forehead touched the floor and waited for Jihyo to accept her apology. The staff that walked past started to stare and Jihyo could feel the heat burning in her cheeks as the staff began to stare at her.

"Jihyun-ah, can you get up." Jihyo's voice softened as she pulled her daughter up. "Do you know why we keep it a secret?"

"You don't want to have your name ruined?"

"No, when you were younger and the news had Twice's Daughter on the headlines, you got injured by a fans. You've found friends without Twice's name, we didn't want people to use you and we certainly didn't want you to get hurt. Twice's names and Park Jihyo does not matter to me if I can keep you safe. You're always going to be my daughter and if you want me at school events I will try my best to go, okay."

Jihyun hugged the God, as the two shared a moment they didn't realize a slight camera shutter in the background.

Twice headed back to their dorm when the sky had an orange-ish glow from the sunset. Like always as the Twice girls were fighting for the showers, Jihyun ran down into her room, followed by Mina who followed to use the bathroom.

Mina exited the bathroom and hand dried her hair as she smiled at Jihyun.

"Do you remember when you were younger and you had me apply lotion all over your body? You carried the lotion bottle with you and waited till I finished showering," Mina sat down on Jihyun's bed as Jihyun smiled.

"Do you ever think what it would be like if Jihyo Umma never adopted me?"

"No, because you're part of the family. The best thing she ever did," Mina hugged Jihyun.

"Mina unnie! You and Jihyun should get up here now!" Chaeyoung yelled from the stairs.

Jihyun frowned before she followed Mina up the stairs. All Twice girls were huddled in the living room, the television on. Jihyun felt her heart drop and ache —not because of her heart condition but what was on the news.

"Twice's Daughter came to support them today at a fan sign. After being discharged from the hospital it seems Twice's daughter, or better known as Park Jihyun now, was there to apologize for an unknown reason."

Jihyun could see the news anchor speaking but she couldn't hear any of the words. Her feet began to numb, followed by her calves, then her knees, then her thighs. Before she could realize it her whole body was numb, but it wasn't only Jihyun that was numb but Twice as well, Jihyo especially.

It was as if Jihyo were Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades and Poseidon eaten by Kronos again. Sitting in eternal darkness not knowing when someone would save them. However, this was not a fantasy this was real life, no hero was going to save her or more importantly save her daughter from the wild hyenas. Jihyo has always been the Pride lion and protected her family, but once you put a lion in a cage it no longer is powerful. Now that the secret was out she no longer had power to protect, to her standards at least.

Tzuyu shut off the television and comforted the the leader and Mina held onto her daughter. This news was the start to a long bumpy ride.