Chapter 4.

Excuse any typos.

Diamond
-
Diamond in mm.

"Michael only wants you for sex"

"Stop saying that. You and King are annoying." She walked to her locker with me following close behind.

"How are we being annoying when we're telling you the truth. Hell King should know himself if anybody. He hangs out with that nigga more than we do"

"And?"

"And I'm saying that you should maybe listen to your siblings and don't go with him after school"

"Oh please Diamond he just wants me to help him with his chemistry homework and we're paired up as partners for this stupid science project" she rolled her eyes while grabbing books out her locker.

"Cierra I'm telling you you're gonna lose your virginity if you go over his house tonight"

She closed her locker and looked at me. "And why is that such a bad thing? Diamond honestly, just leave me the hell alone ok? And have you been taking your meds lately cause it's going around that you're acting a lil crazy"

I just looked at her. "I'm not crazy." I could see everyone out of my peripheral looking at us.

"I said you're acting like it. Emphasis on acting"

"The answer to your question is yes and I'm sorry for wanting to look out for you"

"Well don't. I don't need you looking out for me. I can look out for my damn self"

"Ok whatever I'm done trying to talk to you." I roll my eyes and leave to my first period class.

Can't believe she talked about my meds in front of everyone. Word spreads fast around this messy ass school. Yea I'm on medication. It's for my anxiety. I have real bad social anxiety. My parents said I was always outgoing and had no filter as a kid but they don't know what changed. I guess I just started thinking about how people view me and started caring what others think of me. I needed to stop doing that but I couldn't help it. I barley have friends....actually...correction. I don't have any friends.

My own sister treats me like shit. King is alright though. He's more supportive than Cierra is. But it's whatever. I just take my pills everyday and I mellow out. I don't let things bother me as much and I start not to care what others think. When I don't take my meds I start to freak out and suspect everyone around me. It's really weird. I see a shrink but it doesn't really help. I don't like talking to other people about my problems. It's weird to me.

I walk in my anatomy class and there was Kevin Richardson. One of the finest niggas on the football team. I've had a crush on him since I was in middle school. But I was way too young for him. I'm only 15 and he's 18. I hated the age difference between us. Why couldn't I be in his grade and age or he could be in mine. Ugh. Frustrating. No one ever notices me anyway. Cierra says that maybe if I actually join the cheer team people will start noticing me as Diamond not just as "Cierra's little sister" or King's "other sister." I have it some thought and I didn't think it would be a bad idea. She said I should come to tryouts next week after school. I don't know about it though.

"Hey Diamond" I looked up to see Kevin staring at me.

"Um, h-hey"

"You gon sit down or?" his friends started laughing a little.

"Um y-yea I j-just, um, sorry" I quickly sat down and my back was facing them. I felt so embarrassed. I heard them laughing behind me.

I pulled my books out and my notebook and placed them on my desk. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through Twitter patiently waiting for class to start.