A.T.A.S PT 3

*7 Years Later---Reader is 14*

You groaned awake in the back of the impala, stretching your legs across Sam's lap. "Are we there yet?" You asked as you sat up. "No, quit asking." John stated from the front seat. You rolled your eyes, already feeling sassy that morning.

"Are you ready for your first day of high school tomorrow, Y/n?" Dean changed the subject, not wanting another fight on the way there. "Even though I rather be on a hunt, nope. Rather get killed by a monster than go to another school." You bluntly stated. Dean glared at you before mouthing, "Quit," from the front seat. You stuck your tongue out at him. "Sammy? What about you, nerd, looking forward to your last year?" Dean asked the middle child. "Yeah, I actually am, Dean." Sam replied. "Remember to drop Y/n-" "No, I am not ten anymore, Dean. I can go to class by myself. No babysitter, no hug and kiss goodbye, nothing." You told your brother, tired of being treated like a child by him.

***

John took Dean full time hunting with him now, but Dean made sure you two were awake for school before him and John left for a day or so. He hugged Sam. Then, he gave you a forehead kiss, which you tried to avoid anymore, "Try to have a good day." He whispered to you before he left.

"Are you sure you don't want me to-" "Sam, I'm fourteen. I can find my locker and classes just fine." You stated as the pair of you walked into the school.

During passing periods and lunch, you tried to avoid your brother. You refused to be checked on or looked after. Even at the end of the day, you avoided Sam and went to a nearby park. You sat on one of the benches and watched the children. Children with happy, normal childhoods that didn't have to worry about the world ending or their dad or brothers never coming home because of a monster killing them. You shyly smiled at the few memories you had of Dean and or Sam taking you to the park whenever Dad was away. You remembered the time where Sam carried you back since you spent all your energy at the playground. They tried to make life a little normal.

You stayed for an hour before returning back to the motel. You just didn't know what you would be coming back to. 

You groaned when you heard your brothers and dad yelling at each other. "Here we go again," You mentioned as you grabbed the key and opened the door. "-it was stupid of you even to think that!" John yelled. "Aren't you always the one that said she needed to become independent?" Sam rebutted. "Really, about me," you whispered to yourself as you took off your shoes and dropped your backpack next to them. That's when you felt John's rough hands on your shoulders, pushing you up against the wall. "Hi Dad, what's the argument today? I wasn't home? Sam and Dean watched me enough over my life span that I look for reasons to become more independent. Like you always wanted, right?" You took your brothers sides, making John look more incorrect. 

It happened so fast. You felt the blood trickling down your face. You felt John's hands and pressure get off of you before you felt the comforting pair of hands and arms of Dean as Sam pushed John away from you. "Are you okay?" Dean asked you. You nodded and wiped some of the blood off your face. "Just a bloody nose, I've had worse." You replied.

As the story always seems to go, it didn't long for John to leave. He didn't even look at any of you as he did. You rested your head on Dean's shoulder. "I can't believe I stood up to the old man." You panted with a small smile. One that only Sam saw, he gave you a nod, trying to hide the smile for Dean's sake. "Yeah, well, look where it got you." Dean mentioned. "Oh be quiet, soldier." You laughed. You secretly knew that Dean would always be on your side.

belaxgi3582 (sorry, it's not the best.)