Love Him More (Dean DDM)

*Age 16*

You sat at the table with the rest of your family, waiting for the right moment to announce your achievement to your father Dean, brother Taylor, Uncle Sam, and Castiel. Sam already knew, since you previously told him earlier that day and was incredibly proud and happy for you. You opened your mouth a few times to speak before Dean or Taylor spoke instead. It wasn't until Sam broke the one of dozens conversation between the pair that you opened your mouth and the words actually came out. "I was one of the few that got on the high honor roll this year. My school thinks I can get a lot of scholarships if I decided to go to college." You stated before you looked towards your father to see approval or anything. Dean stopped chewing for a second then looked at you. "Well, I guess it's a good thing you're smart then. Maybe you could help Sammy with research and let me and your brother do the actual work." That was all your father spoke about the matter before he turned back to your brother. You sighed and moved your food around the plate before leaving the room. It wasn't one of the first times Dean basically blew you off for any achievement or actual conversation before returning to your brother speak about whatever subject matter.

You thought back to the different times you felt as though your older brother was favored to you. Dean had a tendency for praising your brother more than you over any subject matter that was at hand. You remembered the time you learned to ride your bike by yourself, but it was considered close to nothing compared to Taylor with his skateboard. It was a similar choice in praises and disappointments when it came time for your first hunt. You made mistakes, like any twelve-year-old would, as well as actions that saved yourself and the others. It didn't matter though, at the end of the day you were the one yelled at for your mistakes while Taylor got praised for his actions that were hardly contributed. It didn't seem to compare to the times you've actually made the hunt a win and be capable of killing the monster or the numerous of the kind. At times, it truly didn't seemed like it had mattered to Dean Winchester, even though Taylor did less in the progress of some of the hunts it was more appraisal to your dad than your work that created achievements. You swiped a tear at the more than favoritism and almost more of neglect that Dean deiced to give you over the years of your life. "I need to get out of here. I need to go on my own. I can reach my highest point without them in my life." You whispered to yourself before you looked around and started to compile clothes, guns, knifes, and all the objects you could think that you would need when you left the bunker.

You walked back down into the bunker's library, thinking of the list of books you could use while you went away. "You know, it would be easier if you were more like your brother." The statement from your father made your blood boil with hatred. You grabbed the closest thing, an empty coffee mug, and threw at his head that just missed by a few inches. You huffed with anger as you watched your father's express go from blank to confused to concerned. "It would be easier if you didn't hate me as much as you did! If you didn't love your precious son as much as you do or even even out the love so your daughter, so I, could get the appreciation that I deserve!" You shouted. Dean was speechless. You scoffed at his defenselessness. "That-that is exactly why I'm leaving." You stated and grabbed the books you could think of, putting them in your bag and headed for the garage without hesitation.

***

It lasted a few days. The staying in the motel, ignoring the phone calls and texts, trying to find a case close enough to you. It was all cut off short when you woke up and looked outside your hotel room to see the Impala right in front of your motel room. You closed the curtains with a small attempt to ignore your father, possible brother and uncle too. Instead of the pounding on the door and yelling your name, the angel popped into your room and sat on one of the beds. "Y/n," you heavily sighed at Castiel's voice. "You should listen to Dean and return to the bunker." He finished. You rolled your eyes, "Why?" You shortly replied. "He regrets the actions and words he has made between you and your brother. He wants to make it up to you." Castiel tried to pursue. You huffed and laid on the bed. "Of course it takes me running away for him to understand that I have the short stick of everything between Taylor and me."

That's when you heard the cheap door open to reveal your father, and as in trade the angel whooshed away from the room. "Y/n, sweetheart," you heard Dean's gruff voice before the door closed and you felt the added weight on the bed. You could tell as you got older the differences the voices over the years. You huffed and rolled to your side that faced away from him, but you stayed silent besides that. You felt his green eyes on you even though you had no intentions on giving him anything back. "I know, you hate me right now." He stated before you felt him shift more on the bed before feeling his hand on your upper arm. You wanted to retract from the gentle touch, but you decided not to move from the touch since it felt like forever since the last time you felt it. "You didn't always though. You do remember that, right?" He asked and gave your shoulder a small squeeze. Before you could recognize favoritism, you were the classic daddy's girl to Dean. It was not unrecognizable. "That was before you favored Taylor," you mumbled. Dean rolled his green eyes. "The two of you have different ways to be motivated. It was never favoritism." Dean then lightly chuckled, "You are definitely the better hunter between you and your brother. Hands down, Taylor would not even be close if he didn't watch how you learned the monster's behaviors." You rolled over at that moment. "Can you repeat that for me?" You smirked up at your father. "Don't tell your brother," he responded instead. You sat up with laughter, "Nope, he's going to hear it from me as soon as I get home." Dean wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulled you close to you, and kissed your forehead. "You're going to do great no matter how you decided to live life, Y/n."

Sorry if this was not exactly what you were thinking.