Babysitter (BSM)

*Age 7*

Your heart sunk as Sam and Dean when Sam and Dean told you that you weren't going on the hunt with them. It was rare, but it did happen when they would make you stay at the bunker instead of traveling with them. It mostly happened when the monster was incredibly dangerous or when they didn't fully know what the monster was that they were hunting.

Now, your eyes were watering from the devastating news that they were leaving you behind. "No, don't go," you pleaded to your older brothers. "Y/n," Sam started with a gentle voice and got on his knees, "we'll be back after a week at max." He tried to comfort. A few tears slipped down your cheeks and you wrapped your arms around Dean's leg. "I don't want to be alone. I don't like it here by myself." You replied. "You won't be alone, Y/n, Gabriel will watch you." Castiel said back. You looked back at him with wide eyes before looking up at your brothers.

"It wasn't our first choice, but we don't want you to get hurt since we don't know what we're working with yet." Sam stated. Dean stroked your hair, "We'll be back before you'll even miss us, sweetheart." He tried to comfort you. You snuggled close, trying to keep him from moving anywhere. "You promise you'll come back?" Your voice was pure innocent as you spoke. Sam gave you a warm smile before taking you in his arms, "We'll do our best, promise." You wrapped your arms and legs around his large frame the best you could, "I don't want to be brother-less." You mumbled. Sam felt horrible with your statement and firmly kissed your cheek. "We haven't lost each other yet." He replied and passed you to Dean. "You know, I think that you're crazy for thinking we could go that easy." Dean told you and lightly poked your side. You giggled and moved away from his hand. "Dean," you dragged in a laugh. He smirked and kissed your forehead. "Time to go," he said and put you back on the ground.

You knew there was nearly no point in pleading to have them stay as you watched them put their bags in the Impala and drive away. When the vehicle was no longer in sight, you ran to your hiding spot in the bunker. You heard the feathers whoosh into the bunker and footsteps that soon followed. "Hello, Y/n," the voice dragged from the hallway. You quieted your breathing as you heard a heavy sigh from the hallway. "Yeah, how can I watch the kid when she's no where to be found?" The voice asked.

Soon, you heard the feathers of an angel again, but this time they were right in front of your hiding spot. "Y/n, you shouldn't hide." Castiel stated and opened the secret door and pulled you out of the small closet. "I didn't want to be watched by anyone. I wanted my brothers and you home." You responded and hugged the trench coat wearing angel. "Well, if you let us do our job, we get to be home sooner." Castiel carried you to the hallway to see the other angel. "Well, there's the little sucker!" Gabriel exclaimed.

You gave a look to Cas that clearly judged his brother's exclamation, "You'll be fine. Sam and Dean also said to not hide when people don't know they were supposed to seek." He stated and put you on the ground before disappearing.

***

Throughout the day, you questioned every action Gabriel made. You didn't know how you felt about the angel even with his delightful, humorous personality. "You are just like your brothers, always needing to know everything." He remarked after the millionth question of the day. "I do want to be like my brothers. They're heroes, they try to save everyone from all sorts of monsters and the world from being destroyed. Sam and Dean are practically invincible." You declared as you ate what was the snapped together spaghetti. "Well, I almost defeated them in the past," he coolly replied. You rolled your eyes, "Key word is almost. They say once when they figured out what you really are it was simple." You stated.

***
When Gabriel started to tuck you into bed is when you realized how much on a bigger scale you missed your brothers. You didn't like the changes that you could find between the angel and Sam and Dean. The angel was attempting to find a story for you when you wanted them both the most. You grabbed the flannel that both of them wore that you stole one night and held it close to you. Gabriel turned around to see your pouting face, almost ready to shed tears eyes, and arms wrapped tightly around the flannel. He pulled out his phone and put it on speaker as it rang.

You intensely listened, waiting for an answer. By the last ring, a voice finally answered the phone. "Gabriel, what is it?" Your eyes brightened at Sam's voice. "Someone misses you guys," Gabriel stated with slight amusement. "Y/n, it's past your bedtime, you know you should be asleep." Sam told you over the phone. You smiled at the sound alone of your older brother, holding the flannel even closer. "Sammy, I can't sleep without you and Dean here." You replied. That's when Dean's voice appeared over the phone, "Gabriel isn't doing bedtime right, is he?" He questioned with criticism. "No," you quickly responded. "Okay, baby girl, I want you to lay down and hold the flannel close." He gently instructed. You obeyed the eldest brother. "So once upon a time, there were two brothers," Dean started. "They lived in all parts of the country," Sam continued. You listened to the nightly bedtime story with the phone next to your ear as you slowly drift to sleep.

*So I know this is probably horrible and is Not a request, but I felt like I incredibly needed to publish something before a month of not publishing anything happens from not being able to find proper time to write since work, school, homework, etc., are taking up all my time. Thanks for understanding!*