First Day (BSM)

*Dean 12--Sam 8--Y/n 4*

You cocked your head at your oldest brother as he got your bath ready and spoke the sentence, "You have your first day of school tomorrow." "Dean," you began your question and swang your legs back and forth from sitting on the toilet lid, "what's school?" He sighed and stopped the hot water. He wanted to tell you horrible things, the horrible truth, but he knew that wouldn't help you at all for the next day. "School is where you learn and meet people." He simply stated. "But we already do that with day, so why am I going?" You innocently asked. "You don't learn about monsters or hunting at school. You learn how to read, write, do math, a lot of normal things. Monsters and hunting don't exist in the school world." He replied. "Oh," you simply mentioned before he put you in the bath.

"Is school fun?" You asked. "It might be for you. Plus, you'll be with kids who are your age." Dean stated. "I won't be with you or Sam?" You pouted. "You'll be in the same building as Sam, but you won't be with him. I'll be in the school across the road." Dean told you. You became quiet. Dean gave you a sad look before getting you ready for bed while Dad was still out on a hunt.

"I don't think I'm ready for school." You stated to your brothers as Sam was turning off the lights and TV. "It's okay to be nervous, Y/n, but I think you'll like school." Sam replied as he laid in the queen bed next to you. "Okay," you muttered before you rolled away from him.

The morning started with Sam waking you and staring to get you ready for school while Dean made breakfast. It felt like time flied up to the point where you stood in front of the school with your brothers. "I'll take you both to class before I have to go," Dean said. He was doing a job a father should be doing, especially with Y/n's very first day of school.

With Sam, it was a quick drop off at the locker with a "See you later," to each other and a hug for you. When Dean reached your kindergarten room, he got on one knee and adjusted your backpack and adjusted your ponytail the way you liked it. "Now, I know you're nervous, but I want you to remember that even though Sam and I are not with you, we still are going to try our best to see and protect you. You're going to do great with school and make friends!" Dean slightly hated the words coming from his mouth, but he knew he needed to say them. "I love you, and I'll come and get you after school." He finished, and you threw yourself in a hug with him. "I love you, Dean." You said before he kissed your forehead. "Go on and be great," he released you and nudged you towards the door.

***

You were jittery being away from your brothers for the first time, but eventually you were distracted enough to not notice anymore. You enjoyed learning colors and letters. You even managed to talk to some children during snack time.

The biggest surprise of the day was John picking you up at the end of the day. "Daddy!" You exclaimed as you saw him in the classroom and ended up wrapping your small body around him. He lightly chuckled before getting Sam.

John dropped you both off in the car before getting Dean. Sam then asked all about your first day. You answered every question with detail, but you were happy to see your brothers even though you enjoyed school. Then, you saw Dean walking out of the school with a black eye, and John with a more than disappointed look on his face.

In the hotel room, it was silent besides John's yelling. Before he told you and Sam to look away and do your homework. You heard John's belt come off. He huffed and sat on the bed. "Dean, I'm tired of this behavior. You need to stop fighting. I don't care what your excuses are. I don't want to hear about it again. Do you understand?" Dean answered in a submissive tone, "Yes, sir." You blocked out what came next.

***Dean 30--Sam 26--Y/n 22***

It was your last first day of school. You got ready for your last year in college. Just as you put your shoes on and got a last glance of how you looked in the mirror, there was a knock on your apartment door. You opened it. You heavily exhaled. "You better not ruin my first day of school." You said to your brothers and walked out of your apartment.

"We're protecting you, Y/n." Sam admitted. You huffed and rolled your eyes as you kept walking. "I remember not liking the idea of school, but the idea of not having to worry about monsters really grew on me." You stated. "Hey!" Dean grabbed your shoulder and made you turn around to face them. "We're trying to keep you from being killed! Have you seen-" "Dean, don't talk to me like you're Dad. It's a college campus, girls go missing or have other things happen to them. Unfortunately, it's how the world runs." You calmly stated. "How many get possessed by a demon, jump off a building and shake it off like nothing?" You groaned at Dean's question from already hearing about the story. "Fine. Go to my apartment and do whatever you need to. Just don't follow and stalk me." You said and tossed Sam the key.

***

You sighed in relief to see your apartment in the same condition you left it. "Happy you didn't burn the plane down," you smirked then you realized you were by yourself. You were disappointed, but you shook it off before starting to make lunch.

Later, you got ready for a night out to see friends that you haven't seen since spring. The bar was just, drinks were flowing, and you forgot about all the worry you had. That was until you threw up in the alley between bars and felt your body being pushed up against the wall. "Asshole, I'm giving you a warning now. Get off of me!" You growled before you stood up and turned around with your knife against his throat. "Might want to try again," you saw the man's eyes turn blink black before he made you drop your knife.

Then you heard a different knife go through the demon. "Told you we were going to protect you." Said Dean as the body dropped. You didn't say anything, you just wrapped your arms around his shoulders and hid your face in his neck. He was surprised by this action, but he held you back. "Okay, let's get you home." Sam said and started to guide you to the Impala.

They stayed with you all night, making sure nothing would happen. Per usual, they left in the morning. "You sure you don't want to come with us?" Sam questioned. "Yeah, I like the normal life. Last night was my first encounter for years and," you paused and shrugged, "I don't miss it being constant." You stated. Sam nodded, he had once felt the same. "Well, if you ever-" "I know. Call." You interrupted Dean. He gave you a small smile. "I'll be okay." You stated once more as they got in the Impala. "You two just need to worry if you're okay." You added. "Always," replied Sam. You scoffed, "Okay, I'll believe that the day pigs fly and a soul isn't sold." You stepped back from the car then and watched them drive away.