you look lovely

Jennie awoke with a start, nails digging into the mattress as she bolted upright from her sleep. Shaking her head, she tried to clear her mind of the memories, focusing on something else. Her child. 14 weeks, she was 14 weeks in and another 4 more, she'll learn of the baby's gender. But for a time all she could feel was the pain on her left shoulder, an illusional pain but it felt that it was happening all over again. Then she thought of him.

When she thought she loved him so much they would drop anything for each other. But of course, that was only the delusional Jennie speaking.

Eventually her mind cleared itself from such thoughts, and she could see the faint light of dawn. Jennie frowned when she looked at her watch, it was 6am, she needed more sleep.

But her body had other plans when her feet brought her to the kitchen.

Ever since they bought the dresses a month ago, Jisoo had become less talkative. Instead, she would catch Jisoo looking at her whenever she would wear one. Her eyes would travel from her chest all the way down to her thighs, but they would linger the most at her belly. Jisoo's face showed indifference, but her eyes showed undeniable pain. Jisoo was longing for something, Jennie just couldn't pinpoint what.

Grace wasn't awake yet, so Jennie decided to cook breakfast. Since she lived alone for most of her years, she had to learn how to create something edible for herself. Well, omelette and bacon doesn't sound so destructive.

Jennie turned up the fire, feeling the burn on her palms from afar so that it was just right. Shortly after getting the pan on the stove, she brewed coffee for Jisoo, the way Grace taught her. Jisoo liked her coffee with a simple syrup and milk, but not so sweet that it overpowered its bitterness.

It wasn't long before she had her eggs heated and bacons fried, Jisoo's coffee waiting on the table. She still has not asked for forgiveness for her sin, but this could be a start, although it may not be much.

"Grace...." A voice said from down the hall. "Is breakfast ready? I'm starving."

Jennie cringed. Jisoo did not wake until 8am, while Grace 7am. It was weird for the two to have such body clocks, but they do. She was not sure how Jisoo would take the breakfast she prepared, considering the woman's unique taste for food.

Jennie's feet felt like a thousand pounds, she could not get her body away from the dining area. And when Jisoo came into view, both of them only able to look at each other, processing the scene before each other's eyes.

Jisoo's hair was disheveled, with some strands poking out of her head. Her eyes were droopy, craving for more sleep, and lips slightly parted. She was wearing her Pikachu pyjamas, and Jennie had to double check her eyes weren't playing on her. It was the first time she ever saw Jisoo wearing such childish clothing, totally in contrast to her matured look in the office or the streets.

Jisoo saw breakfast ready, and she was about to leap out of joy to satisfy her hunger when the person standing by the table wasn't right. It was Jennie. She was standing behind one of the chairs, wearing an apron.

"G-Good morning." Jennie greeted Jisoo, bowing respectfully.

Jisoo only acknowledged such act with the slightest of nods, an insult. "You cooked." She said coldly.

It didn't seem like a statement, it was to be taken still as an insult.

Jennie tried her best to take no offense at Jisoo's tone. "Yes, I did. I made coffee for you, too."

Jisoo smiled to herself and made her way to the table. She looked toward Jennie and took the plate and coffee in her hands. Jisoo made her way to the kitchen.

Jennie followed after her. "Jisoo, where are you going?"

"To get rid of the trash."

Jisoo went to the sink and poured all of the coffee's content, leaving no drop behind. She chuckled. Jennie stood motionless. It was a helpless battle, and all she could do now was grab onto the apron, afraid that if she will let go, it would destroy her. But Jisoo wasn't done, of course. She went to the garbage bin, plate in hand. Jisoo opened it, but before anything, her eyes went to Jennie. She wore a mocking grin on her face.

She dropped the plate, intentionally missing the bin, so it fell on the floor. The pieces mirrored Jennie's heart. The plate now shattered, and the food wasted. "Oops..."

"Clean up your mess." Jisoo dusted off her pyjamas and started to walk away. "Should I rip your heart out myself and watch you bleed? I must admit...." Jisoo stopped in her tracks, turning all the way back to face Jennie. A smile.

"You look lovely when you're hurt."