it is what it is

"Wahhhh!"

Jennie was roused from sleep when Lisa's cries moved past the hallway towards her room. Without any lapse in time, Jennie ran through her opened door and entered the nursery, only to be greeted with the spectacle of Jisoo cradling her baby, holding the bottle containing her pumped breast milk. Once Lisa was able to latch on to have milk, silence was returned by the evening wind. Jennie walked closer to Jisoo to wipe the pearl- shaped tears that remained on her baby's skin.

"I fed her not too long ago. I'm surprised at her appetite." Jennie chuckled, seeing how Lisa tried in all parts of diligence, to drink milk from the bottle.

"I think this little girl is going to grow up to be a giant." Jisoo looked up at Jennie, giggling.

"Our very own giant."

And both of them were not aware anymore of the line that kept the distinct difference between our and my.

Our Lisa, our little girl, our baby.

Jennie had breathed the words into the face of Jisoo. The face of the answer to every prayer she had uttered, the face of the lyrics of every song she had heard, and the face of the woman who had been the main piece, along with her daughter, in every beat of her heart.

When she had met Jisoo, never had Jennie seen in any versions of reality, a glimpse of a future memory where Jisoo would be in it. But in a moment between 'Slut' and 'Jendeuk', she had melted into the world that had been shaken and moved by her. Every moment was not only hers, but theirs.

And Jennie was loving every living breath in that world. Jennie was not the only one.

After finishing her bottle, Lisa shed tears once more, the tears glistening in the light reflected by the moon. Jennie led them to the small bed near Lisa's crib, settling herself by the headboard. She unbuttoned her top, releasing her breasts from their restraints. Jisoo handed the baby to her mother, relief offered not long after by the light brush of Jennie's nipple to her small lips.

Jennie turned her attention to Jisoo, who sat by the edge of the bed, looking at her. Jisoo's hair was ruffled into a small mess, her grin not showing any signs of vanishing soon, and the dark circles that hung evidently under her eyes. She remembered Jisoo had not had the generous amount of sleep the past few weeks after Lisa's birth, yet she still managed to drag her bones to work.

"You should get some rest, Chu. You still have work tomorrow."

Jisoo merely smiled and shifted her weight closer to Jennie, the small of her back against Jennie's thigh.

"I told my secretary I would abstain from the office for a couple of weeks."

"What for?" Jennie was glad at Jisoo's words, but she could not contain her curiosity.

Jisoo's smile only widened.

"Isn't it obvious? For Lisa. For you."

With the passing of time, Jennie thought she would grow tired of the heat that rose from her chest all the way to the rest of her body. She thought it would be exhausting to feel her heart dance wildly inside the boundaries of her ribcage. But every passing only made the heat grow in temperature, only made her heart more free. Her life without Jisoo no longer interested Jennie.

"Why do you do all of this for us? I haven't done anything for you. I don't think I deserve such kindness."

Jennie looked down. It was the kindness she had not been able to taste ever since the death of her father. She didn't want to be a burden, an obstacle in the path of Jisoo's life and career.