Run, Run, Run

The first thing I remember is being behind some little log house in the middle of the woods with my brother. We both had one of those orange flowerpots and were trying to break them. They were really heavy and for some reason wouldn’t break, even when thrown against a tree. It felt like we were on a time limit and we frantic while trying to break them.

                A middle aged woman and man came out of the woods on horses with more people behind them. I remember they were wearing beige outfits like people on a safari. I threw my flowerpot in the woman’s path and she tripped over it, seeming to fly exaggeratedly into the woods. My brother threw his at the man and it broke. With that we took off and then everything is black for a while.

                I know I ran for a long time being chased by them, but I’d somehow lost them after a while. I was standing at the top of a hill and I think my brother was still with me. It must have been morning because it was kind of cold and the grass was wet. The hill was steep and just had a small grassy clearing at the top which was covered in trees. Looking down you could see a dull, sun-washed town that seemed isolated from the rest of the world considering it was surrounded by mountains.

                I was really excited when we found it because it would be much easier to blend in and the people must have been getting close. It kind of goes black again for a while after that.

                Next thing I know my brother is gone and I’m running. This guy finds me and appears to be having the same problem. Of course, it was the same guy that pokes his head into all of my dreams at some point (I really should give him a name because he never has one). I felt really relieved that someone showed up and could help me, and of course I trusted him immediately.

                I followed him around the town for a while and going down an ally we ran into two greyhounds. One was grey and the other was tan. The grey one was male and the tan one was female. They grey one turns into a human, tells the guy something, and we take off again since the people are visible behind us.

                Next thing I know, it’s dark and we’re still booking it. There’s this field of plants I’ve never seen before and the guys has the idea to run through it. It was the color of grass and pretty tall. We ran through it and I kept my head down, but it still felt like they could see it over the plants. I had barely remembered to grab the guys hand before running in because otherwise I would have lost him and been on my own again.

                We got out to the other side, where there was a strip of grass and then dark forest. Then I woke up.

                So, this dream didn’t really have much substance, but it leaves so much unexplained that it’s driven me crazy all day.