I

I couldn't help but let a desperate sigh leave me, grey eyes looking up at Gladstone High with a twisted sort of annoyance. I didn't want to hate the new school, but a part of me just wished I could be homeschooled. Still, as I walked in, I could feel eyes almost immediately.

This town was nothing like New York. It was small, childish, everyone was begging for something new to happen. You could feel it in the air, and as I walked through the murmuring hall, the tension was evident. They were waiting for something, a fuck up, perhaps.

I wasn't going to give it to them.

I looked at the locker numbers on the first floor, following the order until I got to my own. I opened it and let out a soft breath of relief when it was completely empty. Didn't mess that one up yet, thankfully. I put any books that would take too much time to carry inside, deciding to pass by here at lunch when I could decide what I would be carrying for the rest of my very confusing day.

I shut the locker, feeling like I was being watched. I tried to shake it off, looking up at the hall and seeing no eyes on me. I turned towards my next class, glancing down at my watch when I ran into someone. I stumbled back, dropping all of my books as I looked up at who caused it.

My breath caught in my throat for a second as my eyes met dark brown ones. This 'someone' had a cold stare, full lips, and a sharp jawline. His shaggy hair fell at the sides of his face in a way that looked tired, but his expression sent a chill down my spine.

He had a sneer on his lips, practically laughing at me. It made me snap back to reality, an annoyed huff leaving me as I leaned down to grab my books,

"What the fuck," I muttered, seeing him lean down as well and swiping one book, meanwhile I struggled to get the rest. His eyes were on me the whole time as we both stood up again, "what was that for?"

He simply shrugged, an asshole grin spreading across his face as he held out my notebook to me. He didn't say anything, he just looked at me like I was part of some joke he had made.

I grabbed it out of his hand, realizing the hall had gone silent. Fuck. He ruined it. Everyone saw that. I tucked a strand of blonde hair behind my ear,

"Watch where you're going, asshole." I managed to say before walking past him, my shoulder shoving into his as I walked towards my next class. I could feel the same chill I had when someone was staring at me before. Now, I wondered if it was him all along.

I tried to forget it as I walked into my first class, trying to ignore what just happened, even if it did just ruin a reputation of mine that didn't even begin yet. Anyway, I had a bigger question on my mind.

Who was that?

-

During lunch, I found myself visiting my guidance counselor so she could help me out a bit more with my classes. I was a junior, and switching to a new school already half-way through the first semester isn't always the smartest thing to do.

It wasn't particularly hard, though. I didn't have any close friends in New York, but I didn't entirely want to move either. There was no other choice, though. My aunt said I had to come with her, or stay with my mom. I chose a happy home, and I favored it from the shit hole I was in with my mother.

Now, I was running late to my Chemistry class. I practically slammed through the door as the teacher stopped talking, the class bringing their eyes towards me. I tried to keep calm, simply holding out the pass the guidance counselor had written. I stayed still, my eyes briefly skipping around the front part of the room and being unable to find any seats.

I began to feel that chill again, wondering if I should have brought a jacket with me to school today.

I glanced at the teacher, who recovered rather quickly as she smiled warmly,