XVII

The next couple of days went boringly well, considering I didn't have an asshole to spend my days with. I expected Kevin to be out all week, being more than shocked when I walked to my locker on Thursday morning and encountered the devil himself.

Let me set you a prerequisite.

I spent my Tuesday and Wednesday stopping by his house, only for minutes at a time, to give him homework. Thursday there wasn't any homework to deliver, and I had my afternoon busy with a project assigned that I decided share the credit on with him.

Every time I saw Kevin, he seemed to be devolving in his distant ways, sometimes being so interested in what I had to say or in spending time with me.

I wasn't ready for the shock that came when I saw him on Friday, thinking he was still in the same, unusual mood.

"Well, hello, Khatchadourian," I began with a smirk, "Back so soon?" I cooed softly, a surprising sweetness in my voice. Of course, I was completely on the wrong page, watching as Kevin rolled his eyes,

"What, did you just get done fucking some guy in the bathroom?" I paused, my grin disappearing all together.

Why was this attitude back?

"You're joking." I began, expecting his expression to lighten up. It didn't. I opened my locker, wondering why the sudden change, "Why are you starting up with this shit again?"

"Well, since you're in such a good mood, I figured it must've been from opening your legs while I was gone." I had to laugh, he was going insane. I glanced at him, humor laced across my expression as I stayed silent.

He seemed to be fuming, and yet all I did was focus on my putting my things away,

"Silence shows guilt, sweet cheeks." I scoffed, stepping back as I closed my bag and pulled it over my shoulder. He slammed the locker shut, the sound making me stop. I sighed, glaring at him softly.

Finally, his eyes met mine, peering into them for a few seconds, clearly searching for something. I stayed stone cold, my eyes watching him with the same dangerous gaze that he held towards me. I refused to fall into guilt, I knew I didn't do anything, and frankly I knew I didn't have to prove myself.

Finally, he stopped and sighed, grabbing my wrist and moving closer.

"I'm sorry," He said quietly, before pecking my lips gently. I chuckled, looking up at him with a smile,

"No, you're not, psycho." He mirrored my calm expression, and we both turned as the bells rang. Students began to pile into the school and his arm curled over my shoulder naturally.

Finally, something normal; he was walking me to my next class.

"So, how did you survive without me this week?" I chuckled softly, deciding to fall into the sudden light hearted tone of our conversation.

"Amazingly well, I spent some time with this girl I met. You're not my only friend, you know." He raised a brow, suddenly looking at me. He pulled away as we neared my classroom,

"I'm sure I'm not, I'm just the only one you want to fuck." I scoffed, punching his chest as he laughed.

"Fuck off." I said, earning a charming smile from him as he chuckled. I stepped back, about to head into class,

"You know it's true." He said sweetly, before smirking and walking off. I rolled my eyes, sighing and heading in. Now, I caught a few pairs of eyes, something I didn't really notice in class before.

It would have felt suffocating, if I wasn't used to it, but it was clearly unwelcome. And strange. I'd been at the school for a few days now, I'd already begun to blend in. What was the fucking point?