Part 5

Percy POV

I woke up in a place I didn't recognize. The light above my head blinded me. Why was my eyesight so good. I was quiet for awhile and I heard people talking from 50 feet away, wait when did my hearing become so good? I sat up in the bed, wait when did I sleep on a bed. I tried to remember what happened yesterday. I remember me fighting the werewolves and then I realized. One of them bit me. That explains why I had better sight and hearing. I was a werewolf. Well Styx. What am I going to do? Where am I? I have so many questions. Just then my heightened hearing told me that there were footsteps coming towards me. I looked up and saw Artemis goddess of the hunt looking at me.

Artemis POV

I was walking into the camps infirmary to check up on the boy. When I walked him, I saw him sitting up, bare chested. We took off his shirt because we needed to tend to the wounds he had on his chest. I felt blood rush to my face and I snapped my fingers making him fully clothed. He got out of bed and then bowed to me.
"Milady Artemis. Why am I here?" He asked. He was polite, I'll give him that.
"Well Perseus, we found you in an alleyway wounded and bleeding profusely. We were actually looking for you. Most demigods are actually".
As I said this, I saw him go angry. Why? I know that the camp hurt him but it couldn't have been that bad right?
"What monsters were you fighting Perseus?" I asked him curiously.
"Firstly, just call me Percy. I don't like formalities" he said "I was fighting three werewolves" he said and I looked at him weirdly. How did he kill them. Werewolves can only be hurt by silver. He didn't seem to have any on him. I shrugged it off.
"Now that your awake Percy, the Olympians want to see you. You gave them quite the scare when you disappeared" I told him.
"Fine" was his reply. I grabbed his shoulder and flashed us to Olympus. I then called in the council meeting for the gods. One by one they all flashed in.
"Daughter why have you called this meeting?" Asked Zeus.
"I have found Percy" I said and Percy gave a slight wave. His father looked relieved and Hestia and Hades looked happy.
"Umm I have a wish that I hope can be granted by the Olympians" said Percy.
"If it is within our power" was Zeus's reply. He looked us all in the eyes one by one.
"I wish to die" he said casually. Dionysus spit out his grape juice, Zeus was worried, Poseidon looked shocked, Hestia looked sad, Hades turned more pale, Hermes had his mouth open, Apollo looked knowingly but still sad, Aphrodite and Ares weren't paying attention, Demeter stopped eating her cereal, Hera was stunned, Athena was speechless, Hephaestus had his mouth open wide, and I thought I heard him wrong. Why would the two time saviour of Olympus want to die?
"Wh-why is it you want to die?" Stuttered my father.
"Because I have no purpose anymore" he replied calmly. I then father looked at me and we started mind messaging each other.
(Zeus Artemis)

Daughter I need to ask you something

Yes father

Will you let Percy join the hunt as their guardian?

What! No of course not. I will not let a male near my Hunters

Please Artemis. He needs a purpose. Protecing the Hunters could be his purpose. Besides, I have noticed that your girls have been attacked a lot recently. You have already lost a decent size of your group.

Fine but if he so much as looks at them the wrong way, I will not hesitate to shove an arrow up is butt
(Mind message over)

"Perseus Jackson. We will not kill you because you may be needed in future wars. However, we may be able to give you a purpose. If you choose to accept it, you may become the guardian of the Hunters of Artemis." Zeus said. Percy looked at him in shock before saying
"I accept. I swear on the river Styx to not harm or hurt any of you hunters" thunder boomed in the distance signalling that the oath has been sealed.
I then teleported him to Yellowstone national park where the Hunters were camping.
"So lady Artemis. How did the meeting go? What is my cousin's fate?" Asked Thalia. By now all the girls had surrounded me and Percy.
"We have a new guardian, Percy Jackson" I announced. I saw Thalia flash Percy a look of pity and I saw all the other girls glaring at him.
"We do not need a male to protect us" growled Phoebe. I understood her rage. She was the closest to Zoë before she died.
"I know but it was under my father's orders and I cannot ignore his wishes" I said sadly. I gave Percy his tent and he set it far away from the other tents, probably because he didn't want to have his butt become a pincushion of silver arrows. I felt bad for Percy. He was going to be an interesting male slave.