Part 26

Percy POV

I woke up to the sound of my door being knocked.
"Oy wake up fish face" I heard the muffled yell from behind the door.
"5 more minutes" I shout back burying my face into my pillow.
"So help me god, if you don't get up right now I will dye your hair pink" she threatened.
"Alright alright, I'm up. Give me 20 minutes to get ready" I tell her.
"Make it 10" she replied before I heard her footsteps receding down the hallway. I got up and quickly took a shower and dressed up in a sweatshirt and sweatpants before putting on my Adidas shoes, again to piss of Nike. I got out of my bedroom and instantly squeezed my eyes closed due to the bright light. After blinking a few times, I thanked the gods that I wasn't blind before proceeding to walk down the stairs. I saw Nicole trying to salvage a black lump, what I assume was pancake batter. I sat down next to Skye and summoned blueberry pancakes. Skye inhaled the breakfast before dragging me out of the house.
"Hey" I shouted at her since I didn't finish my breakfast.
"Come on Perce, there's a lot of stuff to see and I wanna show you everything!" She yelled while continuing to drag me along. Grumbling about my unfinished pancakes, I grudgingly followed the daughter of Order, not that I had a choice, that girl had a strong grip. She led me out of the house and dragged me to the 'school' she used to study in. I say school in quotation marks because they don't teach you math or science (I fricking hate bio and chem so much), they teach you about all the pantheons and how to fight for your life, the different types of monsters, the different metals between the world's. Stuff like that. She then brought me over to a place where people bungee jumped off the cliff. I politely declined, ok more like refused to. Not that I was scared of height, I was scared Zeus would smite me and I would fall to the ground at the speed of sound. (Hey that rhymed.) I bought a donut from a small cart since I didn't finish breakfast before Skye dragged me away yet again, this time to a nearby restaurant. We sat down at a table for two and started talking.
"Why the heck are you so excited" I ask rubbing my hand which started to get a red outline from her dragging me along.
"What? I haven't seen this place for 2000 years! I miss this. Don't worry, after this there will be 1 final stop before you can do whatever you want fish face" she said.
"Ah all right flashlight" I reply with a smirk but she slapped my arm playfully. The waiter walked over to us.
"What would you like to have today sir?" He asked.
"Uh pepperoni pizza please with a coke" I order. Skye ordered a lasagna with a Sprite. (Sprite is my favourite and the best. If you do not agree, I will have a debate with u.)
"Do you think they should sell blue pizza?" I ask. Skye shakes her slightly.
"What! Why? They would get so many more customers" I say.
"By so many more do you mean just you and your mom?" She asked. We argued about this for a while and soon after (I won btw), the waiter returned with our food. I tried eating as quickly as possible but before I was even half done, Skye was already finished. She tried to get up but I was not missing another meal. A shadow wrapped around her waist and pulled her back into her chair like a seatbelt.
"With how fast you eat, you can get indigestion" I say in my grandma voice. She rolled her eyes but remained seated. She also stole 3 slices of my pizza. I felt scammed. We paid for our food before Skye ran out of the restaurant with me in tow. After a while, she broke into a sprint while still dragging me and I nearly fell over a few (hundred) times.
"Where are we going?" I ask after 7 minutes of full out running.
"Almost there" was her reply before she picked up more speed. I groaned as I barely ducked underneath a tree branch and jumped over a root. It was a freaking obstacle course and I was failing horribly. The dense forest suddenly opened up to a clearing near the edge of the mountain. I nearly flew off when Skye suddenly stopped but I quickly summoned a wall of earth which I ran into, full speed. I fell onto the floor groaning while Skye tried to stop laughing at me. After a full 5 minutes, she stopped.
"So why did you bring me here?" I ask rubbing my nose. It wasn't broken but it was bleeding slightly. I remembered when I had a nosebleed during the giant war. Good times. Skye just as at the edge, her legs swinging off the side. She looked beautiful there, with the light shining on her skin, the way her dandelion eyes danced with mischief and mirth, her smile, her laugh. Everything about her was beautiful. She was staring off into the distance as if experiencing old memories.
"This place" she began. "Is very special to me. Its where I go to when I need some time to think or rest. Where I go to calm down. It's where I felt the most connected to my mother (godly mother). I just feel safe here, at home, at peace." The cold wind was blowing but neither me nor Skye cared. I bent down and sat next to her and we stayed there is calming silence because this didn't seem like a place to talk. I felt like if I talked, I would disturb the peace of this area. I checked my watch and realized that we had been sitting her for about an hour. I stood up from beside her and lent her my hand. She stood up and just as we were about to leave, we heard a screech.
"REEEEEEEEEEEE" (my mind thinks it sounds like Godzilla so just go with that)