Part 25

Percy POV

"Wait a minute, hold on, time out" I shout causing Skye and her 'mother' to look at me. I point towards the woman who hugged Skye.
"Your Order?" I ask. Skye facepalmed but the woman just chuckled.
"You flatter me child. No, I raised Skye here when Order brought her to us. I am sort of like an adoptive mother to her" the woman explained.
"Oh" was my smart reply. She held out a hand for me to shake.
"Nicole" she said plainly. I shook her hand.
"Percy" I reply. I took a good look at her. She had long brown hair that curled at the ends, she had ocean blue eyes, was very muscular (probably due to the fact that she is a trained warrior), and had a goldenish brown tan. She looked like the kind of person who would break your spine if you looked at her the wrong way but had an easy going, relaxed personality. She also didn't seem like the kind of person who would ever be caught in a dress or anything that was pink in colour. She probably would have looked more normal wearing army clothes and a machine gun. Nevertheless, she was a kind person and seemed to care a lot for Skye so she couldn't be that bad. I also noticed that this group of man killers either didn't kill me because I was with Skye, or they didn't hate the male population as much as the Hunters. They seemed pretty chill after realising I wasn't a threat.
"So, How'd you know we were coming? I highly doubt that Skye e-mailed you. Do you even have a signal up here?" I ask. I heard a few of them mutter something about stupid insolent boy but I ignored it and Nicole was kind enough to answer my question.
"Oh we have children of Hecate here. They put up spells to help with our defences in case we're attacked. We knew you were here the before you even stood on land" she explained. I nodded showing that I understood. She then turned towards Skye who was watching us talk.
"So how's my baby girl been? I haven't seen you in 2 years!" Nicole said pinching her 'daughter's" cheeks. The daughter of Order looked mortally embarrassed. I snickered at her expression and she sent a glare my way making me grin wider and continue to snicker. Nicole fussed over Skye for about 20 minutes, looking for any major injuries, severed limbs, broken bones, the usual while talking to her about life and stuff. During that time, I got to talk to a few of the other warriors. There was Brianna, a 25 year old daughter of Hecate. She had curly red hair, her eyes were completely milky white, like no pupils or irises. Nothing just completely white like she was blind which I was very sure was not true because she said she could see my probably stupid expression at seeing her eyes. She was a cool person and was the one who told me that Nicole was a daughter of Ares. I was surprised. Not that Nicole was a daughter of Ares, that was quite obvious. I was surprised due to the fact that Ares could give birth to a daughter who would later become a caring mother. Who would have thought? I also talked to Ruth, a 30 year old daughter of Thor, Norse god of thunder. She was like Thalia in a way. The air around her smelled of ozone, short spiky black hair. Her eyes were a darker shade of blue than Thalia's tho. Thalia had electric blue eyes while Ruth had lapis blue eyes. Apparently there are demigods from other Parthenons here. Good to know cause if I see a daughter of Loki, I have to tell her to thank her father for me. We talked for a bit but when I saw Skye conversing with the other warriors with so much happiness, I knew I didn't belong here. I walked up to Skye who was yet again talking to her mother.
"Hey Skye, Imma head back to camp ok? I'll call you if there's another attack. Stay for as long as you need to" I tell her. She looked sad that I wasn't staying, not sure why tho, but nodded her head in understanding. As I was about to fire travel off, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Nicole staring at me.
"Stay for a few days. I'm sure your camp will be fine" she says.
"Where will I sleep if I stay here?" I ask.
"Well you could stay with us. We have an extra guest room in hour old house assuming we haven't moved in the past 2 years" Skye suggested. I thought about it for a while.
"Ok then. Lead the way Nicole" I say. She smiles at me before proceeding to show me the way to where I will be staying. On the way there, I saw a gigantic arena, some weird obstacle course type thing, a forge, a weapon shed, and frick ton of houses. The houses were rather small but probably could fit 2-3 people per home. There were people selling food, clothes and other items in small carts. Children were running around, chasing random animals and playing. All in all, seemed like a good place to grow up. We arrived at one of the bigger houses, two stories high with a small garden and the walls were painted red. Not my favourite colour but who am I to judge. Inside, the house was beautiful, not as grand as the place on planet Chaos but it was homey. There was a decked out kitchen, a chandelier which hung over the main room, medals of honour were hung on the walls (which were still red). On the second floor, the ceiling was retractable so that it was open to the sky, there was a training room with alive and well programmed metal dummies, an emergency room which was heavily enchanted with magic protection spells and what Nicole called a rage room where everything you break, magically reappeares good as new afterwards. Apparently Skye use to have a lot of temper tantrums. I smiled evilly as I continued to listen to the daughter of Ares. More blackmail! I also noticed that there was hardly any electrical equipment (Like nothing that uses signal) which is not unusual since it attracts monsters and most electronic items break due to our powers.
"How'd you get all these?" I ask her.
"Being a hundred years old lets you learn a couple of things. It also pays to be the leader in a place" she explained.
"Wait are you immortal?" I ask her to which she shook her head.
"Nah, there are borders around camp which makes people age slower. I'm technically 257" she explained. "I'm probably also immortal thanks to the wish you and your group of friends made after the giant war. Thanks for that by the way."
"No problem" I reply smiling. Nicole then went to do some paper work while Skye brought me to my room. It was a simple place, concrete walls painted white, a desk and lamp next to the bed, a small clock on the walls. The room was also connected to a bathroom. I threw down my bag (which I had summoned) onto the floor and lay on the bed looking at the ceiling. There were four lights and a fan, no air-conditioning but I didn't mind. By now it was 3 pm and I decided to train for a bit. I went to their training room and out the level to max difficulty. Dozens of automatons sprang up from underneath the floor, all holding weapons. I uncapped riptide and charged. I decided not to use my powers not my tails to challenge myself. I ducked underneath a slash to my head and stabbed my sword through its torso. I kicked another oncoming warrior in the gut. It felt like kicking a refrigerator but I still managed to knock it backwards away from me. I grabbed an arrow that was heading towards my head and threw it back into the crowd along with half a dozen throwing knives. I slid on my knees and jammed daggers into the legs of the automatons causing them to fall and/or be incapacitated. I continued hacking and slashing at the robots until they were just a pile of metal on the floor.
"Impressive, but how about you try a real person" said Skye who had been watching.
"All right then. Get ready to get your butt handed to you" I taunt.
"Speak for yourself fish face" she said as a light sword appeared in her hand. We both charged at the same time. She thrusted her weapon at me and I swerved away just in time. I faked a slash at her head and when she went to block, I punched her in the gut. She stumbled backwards but quickly charged again, this time slashing at my legs. I walked backwards, going on the defence as she relentlessly attacked me not giving me a chance to recover. I sweeped my legs under her but she anticipated this and jumped, kicking me in the face. As she brought her blade down, I rolled away and stood up before she could attack again. I ran at her and just before our blades intercepted, I yelled out.
"Boo!" She was not expecting that and visibly flinched. I took that opportunity to hilt bash her leg, sending her to kneel and slashed at her head. I stopped Riptide 2 inches from her scalp.
"Guess that's a draw" she said. I looked down and realized she had a dagger pointing at my crotch.
"Cheap move" I mutter as I give her my hand to stand up.
"Welp imma go bath. See you at dinner. I hope my mom's cooking got better in the 2 years that I was gone" she said before walking away. I decided to follow her foot steps and go take a bath. I went into my room and took off my now sweaty, stinky clothes. As soon as the cold water hit my skin, I felt instantly refreshed. I also started thinking about what had happened since my time on Earth. One question kept popping up in my mind tho, why did Kronos weaken me instead of just killing me? Maybe he wanted me to suffer but it would have saved him a lot of trouble if he just ended me. I shook the thought out of my mind and took a fresh pair of clothes from my bag. I wore a blur hoodie with a pair of exercise pants. I wore Adidas just to spite the goddess of victory, Nike. I looked at the clock, it was about 8. Dam, I spent more time training than I thought. I went downstairs to the smell of something burning. I went into the kitchen to see the oven smoking, the smoke alarm going off and Nicole rushing around yelling.
"Everything is fine. This is fine" she said to herself. Skye was next to me shaking her head but I chuckled.
"Percy, would you be a dear and hand me the fire extinguisher?" She asked. I got the fire extinguisher from the storage closet and sprayed it at the oven.
"Welp looks like I need to buy another oven, for like the 17th time" she muttered the last part out. I snapped my fingers and a whole meal appeared on the table. Nicole looked at me thankfully but Skye had her face stuffed with beef already. We both joined in on the meal, speaking to each other. Nicole likes to tell about Skye as a kid. This was a treasure trove of blackmail! We talked throughout the night and I enjoyed their company. We talked about our lives so far, our plans for the future, our past. I learned a lot about them during the meal. I was tasked with washing the plates (which I found completely unfair. I cook/summon the food and they make me wash the plates also? Unacceptable.) While washing the dishes, I saw the mother and daughter whisper to each other. I wonder what they were talking about. I saw Skye blush and I thought she looked cute when she blushed. GAH stupid ADHD. Now wash dishes ok brain. After finishing my chores I went up to sleep, felling happy that I got to meet Skye's mom.