Part 29

Luke POV

It's been about a week since Percy's death. Since I'm second in command, I had to lead the Chaos army. It sucks being the leader. You have to act serious, know what your doing, have a plan for things. I wonder how Perce did it. He was a natural born commander. While walking to the Big House for a meeting, my mind went back to the funeral.

Flashback

It's been 3 days since Percy's death. The atmosphere in the camp was gloomy due to the fact that they lost their only hope to win the war. The army was a wreck. Selina and Beckendorf were constantly in their rooms mourning over their friend, Beckendorf's best man during their wedding. Zoë was trying to comfort the Hunters as they were also affected by his death (gasp a male being mourned over by the man-hating girls.) The others were also affected but they continued to train the campers. I had to put on a determined face so that no one would panic but it hurt me, to see my best friend's dead body. The one who got it the worst was Skye. She and Percy had bonded a lot over the few weeks they knew each other. She stayed in her room for about a day and we were scared that she was falling back into depression but then she came out the next day with a face of confidence. It was all a facade tho. Anyone who looked into her eyes could see it. She was broken, first her mother then Percy. The people that were the most important in her life died and it was killing her on the inside. I remembered a conversation Mr and Percy had a long time ago. (I wanted to do a flashback but can a flashback happen inside a flashback? Ehh Frick it)

Flashback inside a flashback

"So if you died, where would you like to be buried?" I ask him. He seemed to think about it for a while.
"The ocean" he decided. "It's my father's territory and where I always felt at peace and when I die, I wanna be at peace."
"Good choice. But imagine if I died. My father doesn't really have any territory. Would I be buried in a shipping container?" I ponder and then we both burst out laughing.

Flashback in a flashback over

With all the joking we did about us dying, we never actually expected it to happen. He was the strongest person I knew (besides Chaos). The whole camp was mourning, not just for Percy, but for all their siblings who died in the battle. Even the gods were upset. Tears fell from Poseidon when he saw the broken body of his son and an earthquake occurred. Hestia cried and the hearth nearly went out because she almost lost all hope. The only one who wasn't sad was Ryan. He was trying to regain power with Percy gone and James was too busy trying to prepare his cabin mates to stop him. He didn't get very far before the Hunters almost murdered him. I remembered where Percy wanted to be buried and I respected his wishes. I told the others and the gods my idea and they agreed. At midnight, Poseidon along with all his offspring parted the sea Moses style. Every god, demigod, nature spirit or hunter that had ever met Percy came to his funeral. Heck even Chaos came. He told me that he would send the rest of the army to help and that he would fight his brother when the battle started. Looking around, I saw how many people his death affected. Tyson was bawling his eyes out and Grover was beside him no matter how scared he was. Thousands of sea creatures came to honour their fallen prince. The gravesite was beautiful. The moon was glowing brightly as if Artemis herself were trying to make his burial special. Percy was layed inside a golden coffin with wavelike patters on the sides. He looked so peaceful it was if he were sleeping and could wake up at any moment. There was writing engraved on the coffin saying, 'here lies the greatest demigod we have ever know' and listing out all his achievements on Earth. If they listed his feats out of earth, that would have taken all day to read. Beautiful plants were placed everywhere around the grave. Most were given by Demeter and her children but some were planted by Calypso. She placed moonlace on the edges of the burial site. It glowed in the darkness giving light to the surrounding area.
"I hope this light can guide your way young hero" she said before stepping towards Leo. Some speeches were made and I decided to do one myself.
"Percy Jackson was the best person that I knew. He single handedly changed our lives and showed me that I could be something more in my life" I said.
"He showed me that not all men were completely bad in this world" Zoë continued.
"He was our commander, our friend, our family member. No one can replace him in this world" Beckendorf and Selina said together.
"He would have gladly layed his life down for any of us. But this time, he layed his life down for all of us" Ethan and Michael said.
"So let's avenge him. We'll destroy End so that the deaths of our brothers and sisters will not be in vain" shouted Bianca. Everyone shouted their approval. I glanced at Skye who's facade was broken and was crying silently. I felt bad for her but there was nothing I could do. After the burial rights, which were done by Nico and Hades, Skye walked up to the coffins and gingerly placed riptide in its sword form on the top. The sword glowed slightly as if it were content with being near its master. At this point, everyone was tired and headed off to their cabin. The sea closed and surrounded the grave but the sea was now pure, clean and blue around the burial site. Poseidon said we could visit his grave if we wanted to and all we had to do was pray to him.