Part 24

(Go shame this man in the video above. Don't worry we are friends. Also 😫 I failed to keep my everyday post streak. Oh well. Anyways enjoy.)

While walking past Skye's room towards the kitchen, I heard her muttering to herself and sounds of packing. Suspicious, I knocked on the door. I heard a muffled voice yell come in so I opened the door. Skye was packing a few clothes into a traveling bag along with the essentials, food, water, magical tent, ambrosia and deadly murder weapons.
"Watcha doing?" I ask.
"I'm gonna go check up on my sisters. I haven't seen them in a while and what Kronos said kinda got on my nerves. I'll be gone for a few days so just don't freak out k?" She replied while continuing to pack.
"Can I come with? I need to get some fresh air. Ryan's ego is slowly suffocating me" I ask wanting to know more about the daughter of Order. Skye stopped packing and thought for a second.
"Sure. Pack your bags, were leaving in an hour" she said smiling. I smiled back before heading to my room to pack. I also wrote a note so that the others wouldn't panic. It wrote.

Guys don't panic. Me and Skye will be gone for a couple of days. Continue to train the campers. Remember to go to the store and stack up on more ice-cream. Make sure Ethan eats his vegetables. See you in a few days.

I then taped the note to the kitchen table before heading out. I could summon my bag whenever I wanted so I just left it in my room. My cloak formed around me just before I opened the cabin door and stepped outside. Skye was already there waiting patiently on a nearby tree.
"Finally, you were taking forever" she complained jumping down beside me. I just rolled my eyes but a grin was plastered onto my face.
"So where are your sisters? I kinda need a location if I want to teleport over there" I ask.
"Oh you can't find it by teleporting" she explained. "We gotta walk." I groaned.
"Come on, it won't be that bad" she said. Then we started our walk (more like run) there.

On the way there, we talked about our lives. I told her about smell Gabe, the first great prophecy, the Romans, the second great prophecy, Tartarus, the betrayal, my adventures in outer space. We talked for hours but I enjoyed spending time with her. I asked about her life and she started talking. Apparently she was raised in the place we were going to. She was trained from birth and when she got to about 18, she was given immortality by her mother and she travelled in outer space also, completing missions, saving planets, you know, the usual. After walking for a few more hours I got impatient. What ADHD does that to you.
"Are we there yet" I whined.
"What are you? A 12 year old?" She asked jokingly.
"You do know I'm 20 thousand years old right?" I ask her.
"Yeah, I'm 21 thousand" she said. "Now come on were almost there. Race ya." She then took off in a burst of speed.
"Hey" I yelled rushing to catch up. The trees around me became a blur. After about 5 minutes, I lost her. I looked around and saw Skye running gracefully on the branches of the trees above. I followed closely behind her.
"Your like the female Tarzan" I blurt out. She stopped and looked at me. I had also stopped and felt like a deer caught in headlights.
"Yeah and you look like the gay version of Spiderman" she retorted. I then proceeded to burst out laughing. She jumped down and we started walking again. After a few minutes of awkward silence, I broke the tension.
"So. Since your mom is Order, the maiden goddess/primordial, who'd she do the Frick track with" I ask. She turned around and looked at me as if I was stupid, which granted I was.
"What? It was a genuine question" I say raising my hands in surrender.
"And give me one reason why I shouldn't castrate you for asking such a question?" She asked in a deadly voice.
"Uhh global warming?" I say sheepishly. She shook her head but I saw a slight smile tugging on her lips.
"Ok fair enough" she said. "And if you really must know, I was adopted. I have no idea who my biological parents are."
"Oh, sorry" I say rubbing the back of my neck. She just shrugged like she was indifferent and continued walking. Soon enough, we reached a gigantic mountain. I couldn't even see the peak. It broke through the clouds and there was quite a bit of mist surrounding the area.
"Yay. First walking, now rock climbing!" I say sarcastically. Skye punched my arm.
"Come on, it'll take about 2 days to reach the top" she said. I nodded rubbing my arm. That girl could punch harder than Clarisse. I made a mental note not to arm wrestle her. Her wings came out of her back and so did my scorpion tails.
"I still find that unfair" I say chin pointing to her wings. She stuck her tongue out before taking to the skies. My tails embedded myself into the mountain and lifted me up. I continued using using my tails to scale the mountain. Soon, I got the hang of it and was going at the same speed as Skye.
"Try to catch up slowpoke" she yelled and shot off in a burst of speed.
"Oh your on" I shouted back as I picked up speed. After about 2 hours of taunting each other and going vertically at the speed of sound, we both started to tire. The sun was also about to set so we decided to camp at the side of the mountain. How you may be asking? By blasting a hole into it's side. I started cooking (I find it better than summoning food) while Skye set up traps in case we got attacked. We were both tired but I decided to take first watch. She protested but I insisted and she eventually gave in.
"Wake me up if anything happens" she said while yawning.
"Fine fine. Now go to sleep. It's past your bed time young lady" I say in a grandma voice. She rolled her eyes but smiled as she slept. Her face became angelic as she slept. I listened to her soft, even breaths as I looked out for anything out of the ordinary. The wind felt cold against my skin (as soon as I got away from camp, my cloak disappeared) but I didn't mind. I looked up at the sky to see the stars were out. I saw the constellation of Zoë and smiled sadly at the memories that came to me. Things were simpler back then.
"Bob says hello" I whisper as not to wake the daughter of Order. I wondered what happened to him, if he had reformed already or what. I sighed thinking about my time in Tartarus. Back then me and Annabeth were together. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes as I remembered the betrayal. I forced them not to fall. I was over that, over her. I have moved on, new friends and family. I turned back and smiled at the sleeping form of Skye. Then sleep hit me like a truck and I just had enough time to enter my sleeping bag before I fell into the realm of Morpheus. I woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes. I instantly sat up straight, my stomach growling. It sounded like a freaking whale.
"Rise and shine fish face. We're eating bacon pancakes!" She yelled from across the small cave/hole. Then she started humming/singing a song.

I got up and snapped my fingers making myself instantly dressed in a fresh pair of clothes. I stretched myself and yawned before walking over to Skye who was indeed making bacon pancakes. We ate our breakfast before continuing our climb. My tails still felt sore from yesterday but what can you do. Instead of racing each other, we talked while slowly making our way up. After 2 hours, I we reached the top.
"Finally! Land!" I saw falling on my back onto the floor. Skye chuckled at my antics.
"Come on Perce, were not there yet" she said. I groaned and got up.
"Do you have to climb up the mountain every time?" I wondered aloud.
"Yeah but you can teleport down" she explained. I silently thanked the gods that they gave me that luxury at least. After walking for about 5 minutes, I felt someone or something follow us. I expanded the water in the atmosphere to see where he/she/it was. Turns out, we were surrounded by about 20 women.
"Uhh Skye?" I call out.
"Yeah" she replied.
"Do you know who is the people following us are?" I ask. This was the moment 3 tranquilizer darts flew at me. I caught all 3 before they hit me.
"I come in piece" I yell. Beside me Skye facepalmed.
"You guys can come out now" Skye shouted and all 20 women came out of their hiding spots.
"Skye, what are you doing with a male?" Asked one of them. Oh yay another man hating group of women. As if the world didn't have enough of them.
"He's a friend" she replied shortly. Another woman that looked to be in her early forties stepped forward.
"Skye?" She asked.
"Hi mum." Skye replied happily.