Tangled Fever

Inspired by Frozen Fever. I just thought it would make a fun(ny) story. And a happy un/birthday to whoever's reading this.

"Okay, here we go."

Varian was making a centerpiece figure for your birthday cake and he couldn't decide on what form you would like. He tried a figure of just you, but he thought it looked lonely. He tried a figure of him and you standing straight, next to each other. "Stiff," he said thoughtfully. He made a figure of him inside an automaton, holding you in one of its metal hands. "No, can't do that!" he said frantically. Eventually, he made a figure of him and you dancing. Varian sighed and said, "Come on, Varian. This is for (Y/n). You can do this."

"Relax, it looks great," said Eugene as he, Lance, and the Pub Thugs were putting the finishing touches on the birthday banner. "I just want it to be perfect," said Varian anxiously. "Speaking of perfect, check this out!" said Lance, showing Varian the colorful but messy banner. Varian just looked at it with shook for a moment before letting out a nervous chuckle. He looked around the courtyard, which was all decked out with (f/c) streamers, colorful balloons, round tables with white table clothes and vases with (f/fl), and a large birthday cake standing in the middle of it all. He nodded with almost satisfaction.

He turned to the older man besides him. "Eugene, are you sure I can leave you in charge here?" he asked. "Absolutely," said Eugene with confidence. "I don't want anything to happen to this courtyard," said Varian as he checked the area one more time. "What could happen?" asked Lance, "It's all set."

Varian turned and looked at the cake and gasped at what he saw. "Ruddiger! What are you doing?" he called to the raccoon. Ruddiger quickly turned around to face his master. He was nibbling on a piece of cake and already got some icing on his face. "Ruddiger..." said Varian, walking closer to his furry friend. Ruddiger looked at him with big, guilty eyes and let out a soft chitter. Varian sighed again and said, "I know you always wanted to try some ice cream cake, but it's for (Y/n)." Ruddiger hang his head down with drooping ears, as if he understood Varian's words.

Just then, the bells start to chime. Varian gasped and shouted, "It's time!" He frantically started walking towards the castle doors. "Okay, you're sure you guys got this?" he asked the men. "Yes!" said Attila. "Don't let anybody in before we're ready" said Varian as he got closer to the doors. "We won't!" said Hookfoot. "And don't touch anything!" shouted Varian. "We're just gonna stand here," said Eugene. "I'm probably gonna walk around a little," said Shorty as wobble his way around the courtyard. "And keep an eye on that cake!" shouted Varian, now far away from them.

"What does he think we are, idiots?" asked Lance. "Well, clearly he's wrong," said Eugene before he accidentally bump into the table with the cake on it and catching the centerpiece, which almost fell completely off the cake. He sighed with relief.

Meanwhile, Varian walked to a garden, where he found you sitting on a bench and feeding the swans. He sneak up behind you and put his hands over her eyes. "Guess who?" he asked. You giggled and said, "Oh I don't know... Eugene? Lance? The king?" Varian laughed and said, "No, no, and no." You grinned and said, "Oh wait, there's only one person I know who wears black gloves that smell like chemicals." You moved his hands away and turned around before saying, "And that's you, Varian."

Varian laughed again and said, "Happy birthday, Milady." You smiled and said, "Aww, thank you." Varian put on a big grin and said, "And this time, it's going to be perfect. Because..."

♪♫ You've never had a real birthday before
Except, of course, the ones you spent outside my locked door
So I'm here, way too late to help you celebrate
And be your birthday date, if I may... ♪♫

"Achoo!"

You blinked in surprised. Varian doesn't usually sneeze like that. You thought for a moment and said, "Varian, I'm thinking you might have a cold." Varian laughed at the comment and said, "I don't get colds. Besides..."