The Ultimate Betrayal (Part 2)

(Warning: it could trigger something so read at your own risk)

Days ago

You, Cassandra, Eugene, and Lance split up to look for Rapunzel, who had disappeared for some reason. You and Cassandra took several steps down the hallway before splitting up to two separate halls. You called Rapunzel's name a couple of times, but no response.

Just then, you heard a sound of a door opening and a voice calling your name. You turned around and saw an open door with a white light inside. You heard a voice called you again as you walked closer to it. "Rapunzel?" you asked, "Is that you?" But just as you took a couple steps inside, the door slam shut behind you.

You rubbed your eyes for a moment to clear your vision. When you opened them, you saw that you're back in Corona. You looked around in confusion, wondering if you were teleported back home. But then, you noticed that Corona seemed to have changed a lot since the last time you were there. It has new buildings, a more brighter atmosphere, and posters with Rapunzel, Eugene, and a few kids on it. You took a closer look at one of the posters and saw that Rapunzel and Eugene looked older in the picture and the text on it read, "Long Live Queen Rapunzel, King Eugene, and the princes and princess." Your eyes widen in surprise and realization. Somehow, you were transported to the future.

You took a few steps back without noticing that someone was walking towards you until the last minute. You thought you might bumped into him, but to your surprise, he walked right through you. You blinked in surprise and looked at yourself. Have you become a ghost?

You jumped when you heard someone said, "There you are, (Y/n). I'd nearly given up on you." You turned around to see a little blue girl wearing an outfit fit for a royal. "Who are you?" you asked. "A friend. Or, at least, I like to be," the girl responded before walking towards the castle. She beckoned you to follow her and, though you were suspicious of her, decided to go along with her, hoping that she would lead you to a younger version of Rapunzel.

You both walked through the palace doors and down the hallway. You noticed that the inside of the palace had changed as well. The walls and furniture were decorated with designs of Rapunzel's style and the castle staff were wearing clothing with the same designs. You couldn't help but feel a little creeped out by it.

As you two were walking by the throne room, you saw older Rapunzel and Eugene sitting on their thrones, listening to a farmer explaining to them that the crops were not growing anything this year and that he feared his village would go hungry. Rapunzel just smiled and snapped her fingers. A soldier came in with a big flower pot and placed it in front of the farmer. Then, to the farmer's and your surprise, Rapunzel waved her hand over the pot and suddenly, a big pile of fruits and vegetables grew out of it. "There you go," she said, "That should be enough to feed your village for the winter and halfway through spring." The farmer chuckled in joy and said, "Thank you, Your Majesty, thank you!"

You just stood there with wide eyes for a moment before asking, "How did she do that?" The blue girl walked up beside you and said, "That, my friend, is what happen when a person processes both the Sun Drop and the Moonstone. It grants them god-like powers, which Rapunzel would get once she made it to the Dark Kingdom." You turned to look at Rapunzel, who seem very pleased with her work, then back at the girl, who soon toke you by the hand and said, "Come, there's something else you need to see." You let her gently pull you down the hallway towards your destination.

As you both walked further away from the throne room, a thought came to you. "If Rapunzel get god-like powers, does it mean she could do anything?" you asked. "That's right," said the blue girl. "Even, freeing Quirin from the amber?" you asked. The girl stopped where she was for a moment. She sighed and turned to you with sad eyes. You raised an eyebrow in confusion and a bit of worry.