Footsies

It was a sunny day in Corona when a group of friends were working on something together. They were at the town square, where a few of them were in a hot air balloon, preparing for a trip, while the other two were adding some sort of rockets to it. The few in the balloon, Rapunzel, Eugene, and Pascal; had learned that the new Keeper of the Spire, Calliope, was in danger and they decided to go and help her. They had asked Varian and (Y/n) to upgrade the balloon so they could get to the Spire as soon as possible.

When they were nearly finished, Varian explained, "I chemically treated these thrusters so the flames will burn hotter and longer than any natural flame. You're gonna fly like the wind." He smiled with confidence before his expression changed when he noticed something. "Don't touch that," he said to Eugene, who was touching a bucket of glue. Eugene stopped and looked around a bit before he reached for a bottle. "Or that," he heard Varian said. Eugene looked annoyed before he decided to touch a thruster.

When he nearly touch it, Varian screamed bloody murder at him, "OH MY GOSH, DON'T TOUCH THAT! IT'S GONNA BLOW!" This made Eugene jumped and fell backwards in fright. Just then, he heard Varian and (Y/n) laughed. "Gotcha! Just messing with you," said Varian, pointing at him. Eugene got up and looked annoyed at them. "I knew that," he said, before turning to Pascal, who was also laughing, and said, "And you're a relentless frog." Pascal just smiled at him.

"Guys, focus," said Rapunzel, before turning to a map she had and show her friends the route to the Spire. Normally, it would take weeks to get there, but with the thrusters and the direction Rapunzel chosen, they should get there in a day. The map had an arrow on it to show the fastest route she planned to take.

When Varian saw it, he was concerned because it goes right over Kresten Loch, a dangerous frozen sea. But Rapunzel doesn't seem troubled by it at all, especially after he tried explaining the dangers to her. Seeing that he couldn't talk her out of it, Varian shrugged and said, "Well, if it were anybody other than you, I'd be worried."

Just then, he fell over. (Y/n) and Rapunzel went to see if he was alright. They were surprised by what they saw. Varian was laying on the ground with his boots off. Varian sat up and saw that his boots were stuck to the ground by some glue painted on it. "Who glued my boots to the ground?" he asked.

"That's for your little balloon prank earlier," he heard Eugene said behind him. He looked and saw the older man carrying a glue bucket with one hand and a paintbrush with another. "Eugene Fitzherbert never forgets," he added while putting the paintbrush back in the bucket. But then he found that the brush was sticking onto his hand and tried to shake it off.

(Y/n) giggled before turning to Varian and asked, "Need some help?" Varian nodded and said, "Yeah." (Y/n) got down on her knees next to him and his boots. She examined the glue as she thought about how to remove them without damaging the footwear. As she moved her head a little closer, a feather in her hair slide on his foot, causing him to make a sound, as if he's trying to hold back his laughter. (Y/n) turned to him to see him put on a straight face. She looked at him for a moment before turning back to the boots and glue.

But when she did, the feather slide on his foot again, causing him to make the sound again. She turned to him and asked, "What?" Varian put on a straight face and answered, "Nothing." She raised an eyebrow for a moment before turning back to the boots and glue. When she heard him make the sound again, she quickly turned to him to see him let out a chuckle.

"What's so funny?" she asked. Varian shifted his position and said, "Nothing, it's just that feather in your hair." (Y/n) raised an eyebrow and asked, "You mean a feather I found on the way here and decided to try it on to see how it looks on me? What about it?" Varian gestured his bare feet and said, "It keeps touching my feet." (Y/n) sat up straight while still looking at him before asking, "And?"

He leaned a little closer to her as he answered, "And... truthfully, I'm a bit ticklish." This made (Y/n) blinked in surprise before she started smirking and asked, "Oh you are, huh?" She raised her hands and wiggled her fingers. Varian realized what she's doing and said, "Oh no! No no no!" He turned around to run away, but (Y/n) grabbed him by the ankle and pull him before she started to tickle his foot, causing him to laugh out loud.

After laughing for a while, Varian shouted, "No, please, stop!" But it only prompted (Y/n) to shift her position and began tickling both of his feet. Varian laughed loudly for a while before he screamed, "Help! Rapunzel! Eugene! Somebody, help!" He turned his head to look for his friends, only to find the hot air balloon flying off the ground.

Eugene, who was watching the scene from the balloon, chuckled and called out, "Oh, sorry kid, we're already taking off! Looks like you're on your own!" He laughed again before turning around. "Oh come on!" Varian complained, before more laughter came out of his mouth.

The tickling went on for what felt like hours before (Y/n) decided that she should give him a break before he ran out of air. She stopped tickling him and waited as he gradually stop laughing and toke some deep breaths. Varian gave her a look and said, "Don't. Ever. Do that again." (Y/n) giggled and said, "Sorry, can't make any promises, because I know I couldn't always keep them. Besides, I love it when you laugh."

Varian just looked at her for a moment before he smirked and said, "Funny, 'cause I thought the same thing about you." Then he quickly pulled her closer to him and started tickling her sides. (Y/n) laughed and tried to get away, but he wasn't going to let her escape. This time, she was the one telling him to stop, but he wouldn't listen. She also tried calling for help, but no one came.

After some time, Varian decided that she had enough and stopped tickling her. But he didn't let her go. (Y/n) toke some deep breaths as she gave him a look that asked, "What gives?" Varian smirked before he pecked her on the lips. (Y/n) looked surprised at him for a moment before she grabbed him by the collar and pulled him closer to her. Their tickling game had turned into a make-out sesh.

They did managed to get the boots unstuck eventually, but their "game" wasn't over yet. They just decided to play it at another location. Someplace where no one would disturb them.